• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
In specific, I tried one of Kurt's favorites -- walked the Beach in the rain (a few waves of bottom-dropping downpours), and one of my favorites -- sitting on the porch with friends listening to the rain hit the metal roof of the house.

lesinsa

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2005
San Antonio, TX
One of my favorites is watching the little kids chase crabs in that "lake?" that runs into the ocean. (by the way, what is that lake called?) Last time we were there it turned blood red. We were told it was from the pine needles dropping into it or something like that.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lesinsa said:
One of my favorites is watching the little kids chase crabs in that "lake?" that runs into the ocean. (by the way, what is that lake called?) Last time we were there it turned blood red. We were told it was from the pine needles dropping into it or something like that.
Western Lake, and the color is from tannins in the decaying plant matter which falls into the Lake. It is like a big batch of tea, although I recommend sipping "other" beverages.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
I like to eat, so here's my list:
A latt? and a warm banana nut muffin, along with a greeting from Mr. Modica, in the morning.
Adult beverages at sunset at my house.
Watching sports (especially college football and March Madness) at the bar at Shades with a good fish sandwich or catch salad.
Bud & Alley's on one of their good nights, or fresh fish from Goatfeathers grilled at my house with my daughter's bruschetta on the side.
A sugar-free, fat-free frozen yogurt from Dawson's - assuming that the employees aren't too surly to stay open past 7 PM.

LovingSoWal

Beach Comber
Jun 19, 2005
Seagrove Beach
1) Sunsets in February
2) Walking the beach on a full moon night when the phospherus is present in the fall.
3) The Champagne Candle Light Tour for Atrs Quest
4) Grabing dinner at Coccoon's (usually an assortment of his phoenominal salads) and "coccooning"
5) Friday night wine at The Larder
6) Dinner parties with friends
7) Telling others about SoWal and all it has to offer
8) Meeting new and interesting people continuously
9) Seeing the stars at night
10) Learning new things about this area daily :clap_1:

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
One of our favourite ways to spend Friday evenings in South Walton is to go for Friday wine tastings at Chan's in Sandestin, then buy a couple of bottles of wine to drink along with some shrimp, previously steamed by the nice folks at Goatfeathers. :clap_1: