• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Traffic Crash on 98@Sugar Drive

New posts

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Anyone know any details about the crash?

It happened today at about 12:30--someone was transported. There was a van, truck, and a motorcycle.

I was Westbound 98 and I can not believe how the people would not get off the road for the Emergency vehicles to get through. There was even one idiot in an SUV coming out of Shrimpers who insisted on getting into the line of traffic that was trying to move over to the shoulder! The people in the left lane of the Westbound were oblivious to the flashing lights and sirens behind them.

Finally, a WCSO officer with flashing lights and sirens came down the shoulder and got their attention.

Slow down people!

and be careful at these intersections where there are no turn lanes, no traffic signals, poor striping and poor visibility...and please pay attention!

I hope the injuries were not severe.
 
Both of my brothers live off of Sugar Dr., but I spoke with them both today after 12:30............It always scares me when I hear of a traffic accident in areas my family live.....

I was thru there twice today...once at 10:AM and once at 1:20..........missed it, thank God.
 
yeah, my heart was in my throat until I could get close enough to see it was not my daughter in law and the grandchildren...knew my son was not on the road at that time.
 
Once again it's time to remind people that you have to yield the right-of-way to emergency vehicles. I don't believe this is a Florida specific law either.

Oh and you also have to pull into the furthest lane away or slow down to 25mph under the speed limit if an emergency vehicle is on the side of the road.
 
If an emergency vehicke is approaching.......get in the left lane or pull over to your left. Remember LEFT.
 
If an emergency vehicke is approaching.......get in the left lane or pull over to your left. Remember LEFT.

You're absolutely right that this is what you're supposed to do, but the last 2 or 3 times I've done it, as I'm getting to the left (all incidents I'm referring to happened while sitting at red lights), there has been an open turning lane to my left. When I attempt to pull into the turning lane, the ambulance driver ALSO attempts to drive down the turning lane, which makes total sense, but then I don't want to piss them off by not moving. Anyone know what the story should be in a case like this?
It's terribly frustrating because I'll go left, but then the person behind me stays put knowing that it would be much easier for the EMS to go down that open lane.
 
You're absolutely right that this is what you're supposed to do, but the last 2 or 3 times I've done it, as I'm getting to the left (all incidents I'm referring to happened while sitting at red lights), there has been an open turning lane to my left. When I attempt to pull into the turning lane, the ambulance driver ALSO attempts to drive down the turning lane, which makes total sense, but then I don't want to piss them off by not moving. Anyone know what the story should be in a case like this?
It's terribly frustrating because I'll go left, but then the person behind me stays put knowing that it would be much easier for the EMS to go down that open lane.

Keep going until you are off the road. If there is a grassy area between the main road and the turn lane get on that. If all else fails and you panic, just stop, they will go around you.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top