• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tuberculosis Case (TB)

New posts
I know all about lupus - - sort of dealing with that right at the moment. When I thought several weeks ago that I might have that torn meniscus in my knee, well they're all thinking its lupus (I feel like I have torn joints all thru my body, not just the knee). Going to the rheumatologist in July and getting some prednisone tomorrow, hopefully.

I wish your daughter well. Lupus can be managed very well. The skin type is fairly common. My SIL has that and watches the sun exposure.

Just thought I would mention something my pediatrician mentioned to me one time. He overheard a woman at one of his kids ballgames saying that she was being tested for lupus because of nagging pain in her joints. He asked her if her child had been diagnosed w/ fifth's disease (parvovirus) in the last two months---answer from her was yes. In adults we get no symptoms of fifths disease except for sometimes lingering joint pain. If you don't know what fifth's disease is, the main symptom is a "slapped cheek" apperance to the face in children. I know there is a test for it in adults, just an fyi.
 
Johnrudy I'm trying to catch up on the posts I missed while on vaca. I'm so sorry to hear about your Lupus. I am not very knowledgable on that particular issue, so can't offer much advice. But I do hope you get comfort soon and manage treatment and flare ups easily. You're in my prayers.
 
Johnrudy I'm trying to catch up on the posts I missed while on vaca. I'm so sorry to hear about your Lupus. I am not very knowledgable on that particular issue, so can't offer much advice. But I do hope you get comfort soon and manage treatment and flare ups easily. You're in my prayers.
Oh you're such a sweetie. I got some prednisone this a.m., along with blood work. It's not diag. as lupus yet and may only be some form of arthritis. But thank you! It'll all be good eventually.

Sorry SJ, that I have diverted this thread to my own ailment. :blush:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top