• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

visiting in May?

New posts
RiverOtter said:
Just about anywhere on 30A in May won't be very crowded. Grayton Beach, Seagrove Beach, Seacrest Beach Rosemary Beach. I doubt even Seaside would be crowded in May but I would wait to see what Kurt and SmilinJOe say about that. :cool:

RO, you are as close to being a local as a tourist can get. You are correct. May, especially early May, is a bit slower, because families are saving there vacation until the kids get out of school a few weeks later. June is busy.

...And, Kurt, stop telling people the truth. They don't need to know that October is really the best month.
 
Smiling JOe said:
RO, you are as close to being a local as a tourist can get. You are correct. May, especially early May, is a bit slower, because families are saving there vacation until the kids get out of school a few weeks later. June is busy.

...And, Kurt, stop telling people the truth. They don't need to know that October is really the best month.
:lolabove:
 
Since reading this thread, I a m a little worried about July 9-16. We went to Panama City beach in July several years ago and it was awfully crowded. Will Seagrove Beach be anything like that? I certainly hope not, we are looking for less crowded beaches and a small town atmosphere. Any help would be appreciated.
 
taterbaby said:
Since reading this thread, I a m a little worried about July 9-16. We went to Panama City beach in July several years ago and it was awfully crowded. Will Seagrove Beach be anything like that? I certainly hope not, we are looking for less crowded beaches and a small town atmosphere. Any help would be appreciated.

Compared to May, July is bustling (I don't think I've ever used that word before :lol: ). But it's still nothing like PCB or Destin. July on Scenic 30-A is the All-American Summer vacation! No worries.
 
taterbaby said:
Since reading this thread, I a m a little worried about July 9-16. We went to Panama City beach in July several years ago and it was awfully crowded. Will Seagrove Beach be anything like that? I certainly hope not, we are looking for less crowded beaches and a small town atmosphere. Any help would be appreciated.

The 2 CANNOT be compared. After spending a completely miserable 2.5 days at the Edgewater in PCB where the pool was so crowded you couldn't even stick your head under water (not that you would have wanted to), we drove over to 30A and rented a unit at High Pointe. I'm kid you not! It was like driving to another world. No crowds, No rednecks, No rude people. The result was us buying a unit there, and another one after that. (By the way this was in July) You will not be disappointed! (sorry for all the mis spelled words :biggrin: )
 
hi YELLOWCAT, there is a small condo complex in old seagrove called the beacons. There isnt a pool but you could get a gulf front condo for a great price and the boardwalk would be right outside your door. It is nestled between million dollar homes, lots of breating room on the beach, low crowds.You can hop directly on the bike path or walk to lots of nice shops, we love that particular area :clap_1: have fun in the sun!!!!
 
Thanks Seagrovelover. I will check out the Beacons.

How about the Dune Allen Beach area? Is that a good spot? No one has mentioned it yet.
 
I think you will be happy anywhere from Dune-Allen to Rosemary Beach. We have been making our annual trek to SoWal for 20+ years, stayed at numerous places and have NEVER been disappointed.

There's a nice neighborhood of houses at Sunrise Beach/Santa Rosa. We also have had good luck with condos through garrett realty.

May is a great time to go. Sure wish we could do the May/Oct thing, but unfortunately school schedules and the 11 hour drive prevent it. Enjoy!
 
RiverOtter said:
The 2 CANNOT be compared. After spending a completely miserable 2.5 days at the Edgewater in PCB where the pool was so crowded you couldn't even stick your head under water (not that you would have wanted to), we drove over to 30A and rented a unit at High Pointe. I'm kid you not! It was like driving to another world. No crowds, No rednecks, No rude people. The result was us buying a unit there, and another one after that. (By the way this was in July) You will not be disappointed! (sorry for all the mis spelled words :biggrin: )

What he said. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top