• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Today is the last day for early voting, and election day is next Tuesday, Aug. 14th. There are 3 BCC seats up for grabs, and SoWal needs to really turn out, as 2 of the races will be decided next Tuesday (no Dem challenger in Districts 1 and 5).

We have the opportunity to finally create a real strategic plan for Walton County, and SoWal will play a huge part in the formation and implementation of that plan. We attended the first visioning meeting last night, and the discussion began about how to get a plan truly rolling and end up with something concrete and useable. We were supporters of Cindy before, but now that we see what the needs will be for the county in terms of strategic planning, we are convinced that her skill set, experience, and commitment to SoWal is the best fit for District 5.

We need somebody who is ready to go to work on day #1, without a huge learning curve. She is a planner by education and experience and knows the ins and outs of Walton County. There are no ties to developers, special interests, or businesses, nor would she benefit personally or professionally from this position- she is just ready to get the county moving forward again.

This is your opportunity to make a difference. Here's what I stand for:
  • Provide Parking Areas for Beach Access Points
  • Provide a master traffic/parking plan for South Walton
  • Continue to update all recreation areas and parks
  • Maintain fishing/boat access
  • Invite citizen input for use of BP Funds
  • Sunshine public records training for all Walton County employees/commissioners
  • Broadcast BCC Meetings
  • Land Purchases "In the Sunshine"
  • Eliminate selective enforcement of codes
  • Preserve state forest lands
  • Protect existing neighborhoods from commercial intrusion
  • Protect natural resources
  • Economic development/Diversify economy/Create jobs
[FONT=Georgia, serif]For Straight Forward, Honest Public Service: VOTE CINDY MEADOWS[/FONT]​
As Seen in DeFuniak Springs Herald:

3c5ef0163dac8d48597132ffb25ebdb4_yt09.png

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
The following was printed in the DeFuniak Springs Herald:

CINDY MEADOWS SEEKS RETURN AS DISTRICT 5 COMMISSIONER
"I'm running again because I know the citizens want a change from business as usual. I have the knowledge and experience to address the complex issues facing Walton County," said Cindy Meadows, candidate for District 5 Commissioner. "It is clear we have more to do. Citizens are tired of seeing money wasted on legal fees. District 5 needs a commissioner who has strong leadership skills and a commissioner who will not manage by intimidation."
Meadows served as Walton County Commissioner from 2004-2008. She was the first woman in Walton County to be elected. During her term, she voted to keep taxes low. She advocated for preservation of neighborhoods, and was involved in many projects, ranging from the removal of the jail from downtown DeFuniak Springs and the Red Bay fire station expansion to the addition of ball fields and children's park at Helen McCall and roadway improvements. She pushed for traffic lights on US 98. Meadows was also spearheaded the designation of CR 30A as a Florida Scenic Highway, which opened the door for grants.
Meadows is focused on keeping taxes low, and limiting government's role to providing for the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Walton County. "We need to get government out of the way so creative entrepreneurs can thrive," said Meadows.
"We need a County Administrator to manage the day-to-day operations, and a BCC who sets policy, not micromanages departments," continued Meadows. "Policies should make it easier to open and run a small business as well as make it inviting for companies to relocate here, which means jobs, jobs, jobs.”
As for the BP funds obtained as a result of the Restore Act, Meadows understands that there is a push by the State to claim more of the money. “I will lobby for our fair share of the restoration funds," said Meadows. “I know my contacts in Tallahassee and my experience in Washington will help Walton County in this effort.”
After working her way through college, Meadows worked in the Florida Senate where she developed an interest in the legislative process. She worked for civil engineering firms, designing communities and working with local governments on zoning, land use, traffic, storm water management and permitting for 19 years. In 1998, she moved to Seagrove Beach and founded a small business, Community Planning Associates.
With a BS in Business Management from Florida State University and a Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from University of Florida, Cindy Meadows brings education and experience to the Commission.
Meadows grew up in Tallahassee. Her dad is a WWII veteran and her mom raises butterflies. She has two brothers, a son, a daughter and five grandchildren. Her late husband was active in the Republican party and her son is in the U.S. Army.
Thank you for your consideration in this important election. Don’t forget this is an open primary and all parties can vote for the District 5 seat, starting Aug. 4-11 (early voting) and at the polls on Aug. 14.

###

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Let me say this as succinctly as I can. We are fools if we pass up the chance to put Cindy Meadows back on the Walton County Board of County Commissioners.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Let me say this as succinctly as I can. We are fools if we pass up the chance to put Cindy Meadows back on the Walton County Board of County Commissioners.

Yes, that was succinct!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Today IS NOT the last day for early voting.

Early voting continues thru Saturday 8:30 to 4:30.

Please vote and please choose wisely.

Thank you Bob! I corrected this on my FB, but forgot to correct on here! I am a day ahead this week, was convinced today was the 11th.

Thanks to the wonderful poll workers at the Sowal annex- everybody was in a jovial mood today!