• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
And you seem so confident that you know what God wants, which comes across as more than a bit of the sin of Pride. At the end of the day, I feel like all we can really say is that we can never say with 100% certainty that we're getting it right. We're imperfect finite vessels trying to explain the perfect and infinite and something is inherently going to get lost in translation.

BookMan

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2008
Blue Mountain Beach
This proposed amendment is vulgar on many levels; first Florida already has several laws on the books preventing same sex marriages. Secondly this amendment includes a clause that prevents if from being overturned judicially. It is more or less an attempt to manipulate the religious conservatives into showing up at the polls in one of the last remaining swing states; one that holds 27 electoral votes. It will abridge the rights of heterosexual couples in common law relationships as well.

The First Amendment of the US Constitution states; "Congress will make no law respecting the establishment of religion or the free exercise thereof." This was our fore fathers way of granting us freedom of religion and separation of church and state to the vast extent.

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States and the state in which they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of the citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of the law; nor deny any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

That is the 14th Amendment and it pretty much guarantees every citizen equality under the constitution regardless of the state in which they reside.

The whole issue of marriage versus civil unions is another atrocity, and an argument of semantics. It is the evangelical religious right laying claim through legislation that they own the rights to the word marriage. Many people whom oppose same sex marriage seem perfectly okay with civil unions, accepting the act, but only by a different name; a rose is a rose. The etymology of the word marriage finds its origins in the 14th century as derivative of the Middle English marriage, which can be traced from Anglo-French marier to marry and in turn to the Latin word maritus meaning tied or trained together.

This is not an issue of all marriages being recognized by the church. It is one of having all marriages recognized legally by the state in order for all citizens to enjoy their guaranteed constitutional equality and right to be tied together in the eyes of the government regardless of gender. And while the Bible may have been translated into Latin, it was not originally recorded in it and owns no exclusivity to the words maritus or marriage.

Amendment two is unconstitutional.

No matter where our beliefs lie we are all human, we are all here together, and acceptance of each other is the true road to peace.

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
If a rose is a rose......

Then why is there this big fight to re-define Marriage? Is a certian group of people tring to get approval for their chosen lifestyle? Maybe they realize that GOD doesnt approve so they seek mans approval, by jamming it down our throats. With parades and citcoms, and "awareness" You fail to accept that when our fore fathers declaired seperation of church and state, the point was to prevent the state from prohibiting the establishment of christianity. The ACLU is the orginization that is unconstitutional, by steping into in our court rooms and forcing removal of the 10 commandments from the walls with in. Basic Law 101 will support the FACT that our laws are derived from the BIBLE. That being said Marriage is also BIBLICAL like it or not. One Man and One Woman. Always has been, since the new testiment and always will be. If our fore fathers were so intent on keeping GOD out of the government then why was he placed all over our money? This country was formed by Protestants... FACT. Seems to me that many people wish to avoid accountability for the way they live so they wage war on GOD and on christian values (marriage a biblical principal) being at the core. Well the further this country moves away from GOD and good values and morals the worse off we will be. If you want to be gay.... fine be gay. But do not steal a biblical principle which I as a christian hold dear to my heart and twist it into something foul and evil to suit yourself. Take a new word for that.......... (civil union) Marriage is annointed for one man and one woman by GOD. Civil Union has nothing to do with GOD and I assure you he wants no part in it ...........so clearly a rose is not a rose.

Last edited:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Basic Law 101 will support the FACT that our laws are derived from the BIBLE. That being said Marriage is also BIBLICAL like it or not. One Man and One Woman. Always has been, since the new testiment and always will be.

What we think of as American law comes from a lot of different sources. The Bible plays a role, as do a wide variety of documents from both secular and non-Christian religous sources that range from the Code of Hammaurabi to the Magna Carta.

As for that whole one man, one woman thing, the traditional Mormons, who consider themselves to be Christians, would beg to differ on that.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Then why is there this big fight to re-define Marriage? Is a certian group of people tring to get approval for their chosen lifestyle? Maybe they realize that GOD doesnt approve so they seek mans approval, by jamming it down our throats. With parades and citcoms, and "awareness" You fail to accept that when our fore fathers declaired seperation of church and state, the point was to prevent the state from prohibiting the establishment of christianity. The ACLU is the orginization that is unconstitutional, by steping into in our court rooms and forcing removal of the 10 commandments from the walls with in. Basic Law 101 will support the FACT that our laws are derived from the BIBLE. That being said Marriage is also BIBLICAL like it or not. One Man and One Woman. Always has been, since the new testiment and always will be. If our fore fathers were so intent on keeping GOD out of the government then why was he placed all over our money? This country was formed by Protestants... FACT. Seems to me that many people wish to avoid accountability for the way they live so they wage war on GOD and on christian values (marriage a biblical principal) being at the core. Well the further this country moves away from GOD and good values and morals the worse off we will be. If you want to be gay.... fine be gay. But do not steal a biblical principle which I as a christian hold dear to my heart and twist it into something foul and evil to suit yourself. Take a new word for that.......... (civil union) Marriage is annointed for one man and one woman by GOD. Civil Union has nothing to do with GOD and I assure you he wants no part in it ...........so clearly a rose is not a rose.

Nice to see that your American History stops at the 1950's. It's pretty common knowledge now that GOD didn't appear on our money or in our pledge of allegence until the 50's.

Can you explain to me exactly how you will be personally affected if this amendment isn't passed?

swampfox

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2008
Nice to see that your American History stops at the 1950's. It's pretty common knowledge now that GOD didn't appear on our money or in our pledge of allegence until the 50's.

Can you explain to me exactly how you will be personally affected if this amendment isn't passed?

Sure can, How am I do explain the true meaning of marriage to my children when it is being diluted and changed to fit the life style of a select few in society. How can I as a christian man with true values and absolute faith stand by and allow those who wish to live in sin destroy a holy institution that was set aside by GOD for one man and one woman. YOU PEOPLE (the far left) I can say that im democrat, are so intent on getting GOD out of the schools, so now my child is being taught "you can do what ever you want as long as it dosent affect anyone else". The difference - I raise my boy differently. You cant do what ever you want we are to be held accountable for everything we do. I wanted to have a bible class in school but thats been taken away. I feel as though it should be an elective, just the same as a jewish or muslim class. The ACLU is waging war on christianity tring to force the Boy Scouts to remove GOD from their pledge. I will not stand by and let this country become a GODless wastland. Let me tell you this, the further we move away from GOD the more we will suffer as a country. He will hold us accountable. You better pick what side you are on because if you are not for him you are .............. It makes me so sad for everyone when they choose to live as they see fit, rather then live for GOD. But that is what is said will happen in the end isnt it. This country / world will continue to move in a worldly dirrection, but It doesnt say we as christian have to accept the sick distorted worldly ways as truth.

GAY MARRIAGE IS ONE BIG CUP OF WORLDLY POISON WE ALL HAVE TO DRINK OF IF YOU VOTE NO 2

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Your post is incredibly offensive and rude.

Thankfully not every Christian believes as you do, some actually follow the teachings of CHRIST!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sure can, How am I do explain the true meaning of marriage to my children when it is being diluted and changed to fit the life style of a select few in society. How can I as a christian man with true values and absolute faith stand by and allow those who wish to live in sin destroy a holy institution that was set aside by GOD for one man and one woman. YOU PEOPLE (the far left) I can say that im democrat, are so intent on getting GOD out of the schools, so now my child is being taught "you can do what ever you want as long as it dosent affect anyone else". The difference - I raise my boy differently. You cant do what ever you want we are to be held accountable for everything we do. I wanted to have a bible class in school but thats been taken away. I feel as though it should be an elective, just the same as a jewish or muslim class. The ACLU is waging war on christianity tring to force the Boy Scouts to remove GOD from their pledge. I will not stand by and let this country become a GODless wastland. Let me tell you this, the further we move away from GOD the more we will suffer as a country. He will hold us accountable. You better pick what side you are on because if you are not for him you are .............. It makes me so sad for everyone when they choose to live as they see fit, rather then live for GOD. But that is what is said will happen in the end isnt it. This country / world will continue to move in a worldly dirrection, but It doesnt say we as christian have to accept the sick distorted worldly ways as truth.

GAY MARRIAGE IS ONE BIG CUP OF WORLDLY POISON WE ALL HAVE TO DRINK OF IF YOU VOTE NO 2

You could try teaching your children love and respect. I believe those are two core fundamentals to a marriage. You could also teach your children that marriage is set aside for two people who love each other and wish to spend the rest of their lives together.

What would you do if one of your children grew up and came out?

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Oh Crap I voted early and I think I voted YES--SORRY MY BAD

That's OK....I voted NO and neutralized your vote......

You can "thank me" and we'll call it even....:D