• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I think it is a really pathetic and sad state of affairs that in 2016 people are under the mistaken impression that you have to run or be an elected official in order to have a voice in your government or to effect change.

I understand even less why people supporting T Anderson can't speak to the issues but instead resort to veiled threats and innuendo to attack anyone who opposes their candidate of choice. Its not rocket science to want open honest government operated in the Sunshine but I DO get that government operated openly, honestly and in the Sunshine is not the way business has been done in this county for eons and the "good ole boys" just don't like change!

Well folks...buckle up! Change is coming whether you like it or not. It may or may not happen in Aug. (straw polls show Meadows ahead) but it is coming. Folks are not going to intimidate, threaten or use sly innuendos to hamper my vote, my life, my children or what I believe is best for my home...Walton County.

I'm not afraid that any of you can ever hurt me like some have attempted to do in the past, or threaten me to silence me.

So ya'll just keep trolling along and I'll keep doing exactly what is it that I do. Have a great day! :)

I'm very hesitant to post on Sowal but I am compelled to point out the importance of Misty's first sentence. I have stood before the BCC many times over the years expressing my concerns and opposition to various issues. One I remember vividly involved what I considered a blatant waste of taxpayers money. Although it was only a few hundred thousand dollars, it had (and maybe still does) the potential to be much greater if passed. I was able to get it defeated at this meeting, but in true Walton County fashion, they finally pushed it through. At that meeting there were only three others in the audience. I encourage you to attend these meetings, or at least watch them online. I believe we can make a difference if we just get involved.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I've been told T. Anderson was a NO SHOW at the forum tonight. Ooops!

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I'm very hesitant to post on Sowal but I am compelled to point out the importance of Misty's first sentence. I have stood before the BCC many times over the years expressing my concerns and opposition to various issues. One I remember vividly involved what I considered a blatant waste of taxpayers money. Although it was only a few hundred thousand dollars, it had (and maybe still does) the potential to be much greater if passed. I was able to get it defeated at this meeting, but in true Walton County fashion, they finally pushed it through. At that meeting there were only three others in the audience. I encourage you to attend these meetings, or at least watch them online. I believe we can make a difference if we just get involved.

Thank you Mr. Fletcher.

earl

Beach Lover
Mar 29, 2008
Sowal
Who's the puppet?

It's really funny to see people call Tony Anderson a "puppet." I have to laugh when I hear this, because the folks who say this are usually somehow affiliated with a group or organization that Tony Anderson refuses to let push him around or control his movements.

This dude's running his own style of campaign and he's not bowing to some of the sects in South Walton that are long on self importance but short on effectiveness. He kind of sees through their elitist BS, and that INFURIATES people.

I love watching people just get IRATE on Facebook that Anderson didn't attend a forum WHERE MAYBE 20 PEOPLE SHOWED UP, ALL OF WHOM WERE CANDIDATE'S FAMILIES. Or that he dared GET SICK and have to cancel an event. Seriously, folks, you are mad because the dude is smart enough to allocate his time smartly and because he got stomach flu. LOL. Get a few grips on reality here.

Bottom line: you just don't like that he insulted YOUR OWN SELF IMPORTANCE.

And the big sign: freaking BRILLIANT. Why do people hate it: because they didn't think of it. If Cindy Meadows had done that sign, she'd be hailed as the Joan of Ark of modern campaigning. AND I think folks would go worship at the feet of the sign and the Patron Saint of Bureaucracy, Cindy Meadows.

I do NOT give a FLYING FLIP who gave money to Tony Anderson. Dude won't bow down to the self important elites and for that, he's got my vote.

This is not intended to go against anybody just simply saying everybody can have their own opinion mine is just different than yours!!

Gingersnap

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2016
Santa Rosa Beach
Who's the puppet?

It's really funny to see people call Tony Anderson a "puppet." I have to laugh when I hear this, because the folks who say this are usually somehow affiliated with a group or organization that Tony Anderson refuses to let push him around or control his movements.

This dude's running his own style of campaign and he's not bowing to some of the sects in South Walton that are long on self importance but short on effectiveness. He kind of sees through their elitist BS, and that INFURIATES people.

I love watching people just get IRATE on Facebook that Anderson didn't attend a forum WHERE MAYBE 20 PEOPLE SHOWED UP, ALL OF WHOM WERE CANDIDATE'S FAMILIES. Or that he dared GET SICK and have to cancel an event. Seriously, folks, you are mad because the dude is smart enough to allocate his time smartly and because he got stomach flu. LOL. Get a few grips on reality here.

Bottom line: you just don't like that he insulted YOUR OWN SELF IMPORTANCE.

And the big sign: freaking BRILLIANT. Why do people hate it: because they didn't think of it. If Cindy Meadows had done that sign, she'd be hailed as the Joan of Ark of modern campaigning. AND I think folks would go worship at the feet of the sign and the Patron Saint of Bureaucracy, Cindy Meadows.

I do NOT give a FLYING FLIP who gave money to Tony Anderson. Dude won't bow down to the self important elites and for that, he's got my vote.

This is not intended to go against anybody just simply saying everybody can have their own opinion mine is just different than yours!!

100k plus in campaign donations sure gives the appearance that some of the elitist crowd you reference support Mr Anderson.

It's clear there is a force backing his campaign. One doesn't just command this type of donations unless it's an organized effort.

Phil Good

Beach Lover
Jun 17, 2016
Blue Mountain
100k plus in campaign donations sure gives the appearance that some of the elitist crowd you reference support Mr Anderson.

It's clear there is a force backing his campaign. One doesn't just command this type of donations unless it's an organized effort.
I didn't realize making donations bought you control over a candidate. Maybe that's the way it worked in the past, but to quote a very outspoken member of this forum "change is coming whether you like it not". I'd tell her to buckle up too but I've yet to see a bicycle with a seat belt.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I didn't realize making donations bought you control over a candidate.

Obviously you have not spent much time talking with the guy you are so quick to defend on this board have ya? Why don't you ask him out of the last 7 or 8 candidates he has supported/controlled, how many he has lost? He would be quite happy to tell you what his millions have bought and paid for.

The public records speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.