• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Maybe it's just me, but if you are standing on a dune walkover, looking down, rather than pull out your phone and send a text, wouldn't it just be easier to tilt your head up to see the surf conditions?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Yeah, silly is the word that pops into my mind, also.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
If it saves 1 life because it makes them aware of the flags then it's a great investment. I tire of working drownings, especially preventable ones.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
I like the new board signs, but agree that having people text to get info seems an unnecessary step. Would love to see more board signs explaining the flags.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
Yo wait a minute. We've had signs posted at both of our walk overs about not leaving items behind and if you do, they will be discarded for lets see.........about 6 or more years now but it is NEVER enforced. My guess is it won't be enforced this year either. Why clutter up our beautiful beach with signs that our visitors don't pay attention to? If things would be enforced around here it would be a different story and folks WOULD pay attention and act accordingly. And before I go, I absolutely HATE the disrespect our visitors show our beach. We've had a Beach Ordinance in place since 2003 but it has been improved, tweaked and rewritten time and time again but NEVER enforced. Hey Walton County, step up to the plate and finally do something about it this year!