• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Bravo! Bravo! Encore!!! :clap: Fabulous performance!

As for McCain, well...I hope you realize I don't find him too conservative. I meant that you guys must be kicking yourselves for putting up a moderate given the current situation. I'm still being nice.

It is going to be tough. I can not count the number of times I was told yesterday by people that they were just going to stay home rather than vote for McCain. These people are hard core Republican voters. These are voters I was counting on to get elected, and now getting them to the polls is going to be a big problem.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
It is going to be tough. I can not count the number of times I was told yesterday by people that they were just going to stay home rather than vote for McCain. These people are hard core Republican voters. These are voters I was counting on to get elected, and now getting them to the polls is going to be a big problem.

These people are foolish. I do not believe that any intelligent person will stay home on election day just to make a statement. Vote Libertarian, Green or another 3rd party, but to stay home because some radio host rants against McCain is proof to me that we need an 'issues awareness' test to enter the voting booth.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider

That's a shame. I always voted. I have written in a candidate as well when I wasn't happy with my choice, to to be a part of the process. Have you submitted your first press release, yet? I don't remember? If not, I know that the local paper runs the first one free for most of the candidates, such as the sheriffs race. I can double check for you on Monday.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Guys, we need to let the Florida Democratic Party know that we want a caucus. Please send an email to Chairwoman Karen Thurman at email@fladems.com to let her know you disagree with her decision to oppose a caucus.

Please let me know on this thread of via pm if you do this. Thanks!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Guys, we need to let the Florida Democratic Party know that we want a caucus. Please send an email to Chairwoman Karen Thurman at email@fladems.com to let her know you disagree with her decision to oppose a caucus.

Please let me know on this thread of via pm if you do this. Thanks!

I doubt Thurman gives much weight to my opinion. But you need to see if you can get School Board member Mark Davis involved in this. He has a relationship with Thurman since he is one of the few Democrats in the panhandle that keeps getting re-elected.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La

I know of quite a few as well....they just dont like McCain.

up4golf

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2007
walton gop your running for school board, correct? that is a very tough job, bless anyone willing to do it. second, why do you think mccain will pick crist?

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
walton gop your running for school board, correct? that is a very tough job, bless anyone willing to do it. second, why do you think mccain will pick crist?

Yes I am running for school board.

Well first Florida Statute was changed when HB 537 was passed. Coincidentally that is the number of votes that GW won the election by over AG. Did not want anyone to miss that. Now CC can run for VP without resigning from office. While several people question the polls CC enjoys tremendous popularity througout the State of Florida. Over 70% among Democrats. His last minute endorsement is widely credited with putting McCain over the top in Florida which ultimately led to the only other viable candidate suspending his campaign. CC has connections with AS in California, and DT in New York. He is an astute fundraiser, has a poltical machine that I would not dare go up against, and can deliver Florida which I believe is going to be critical in the election. I heard Bob Dole drop the name Governor Crist as a possible VP the other night on Colbert. Things just seem to me to be lining up. But there are some rumblngs about CC that could be a problem on the national level. But America is becoming more tolerant so, if true, that in itself may not be a problem.

I think the VP pick is going to be the most critical decision for the future of a McCain Presidency.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yes I am running for school board.

Well first Florida Statute was changed when HB 537 was passed. Coincidentally that is the number of votes that GW won the election by over AG. Did not want anyone to miss that. Now CC can run for VP without resigning from office. While several people question the polls CC enjoys tremendous popularity througout the State of Florida. Over 70% among Democrats. His last minute endorsement is widely credited with putting McCain over the top in Florida which ultimately led to the only other viable candidate suspending his campaign. CC has connections with AS in California, and DT in New York. He is an astute fundraiser, has a poltical machine that I would not dare go up against, and can deliver Florida which I believe is going to be critical in the election. I heard Bob Dole drop the name Governor Crist as a possible VP the other night on Colbert. Things just seem to me to be lining up. But there are some rumblngs about CC that could be a problem on the national level. But America is becoming more tolerant so, if true, that in itself may not be a problem.

I think the VP pick is going to be the most critical decision for the future of a McCain Presidency.[/
quote]

I agree. He is palatable now. If he picks Hickabee, he is distasteful.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
So I am not up to date on my caucusing. Iowa allowed non-residents of Iowa to participate in the caucus, or at least that is the way I understand it. So, you don't have to be a full time resident to participate. Why on Earth would one's party affiliation matter, if residency doesn't matter? Secondly, if an independent like me, can "change" parties, I am guessing that the Republicans can too. Is this correct? If so, a caucus is the last thing that an Obama fan would want in Florida right now.

Please explain how a caucus is different than a primary election.