• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
annual-meeting.jpg

Wednesday - March 20th, 2013

6:30 pm
Coastal Branch Library
437 Greenway Trail
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
(behind the HWY 331 Court House Annex)

I am pleased to announce that our speaker at the 30th Annual Meeting of the Walton County Taxpayers Association will be our new Walton County Administrator Mr. Robert 'Bob' Halfhill.

Bob assumed the County Administrators position on March 1st. A former Marine, college professor and now full time County administrator Mr. Halfhill has done and seen a lot.

He was the interim acting county administrator in Escambia County for six or seven months.

His most recent job was as public works director for Charlotte County, FL where he had served since 2009 where he oversaw 140 people and controlled a $36 million dollar operating budget.

This is his first full time permanent administrator position.

In a recent interview with WJHG TV he provided an interesting perspective on some of his goals.

One of his primary goals is to talk to residents about what they want.

"I will sit back and listen. I'm not ready to form an opinion about things right now. I will listen and develop my own opinion and then discuss it with the person who is dealing with the subject" said Halfhill.

And that, he hopes, will lead to more public participation.

"Don't sit back and complain about the government. There are all kinds of ways to get involved. There are committees, there are projects. There's working with the county commissioners, your representatives. All kinds of ways to influence what you see happening" said Halfhill.

Please join me for this opportunity to hear his vision and goals for Walton County.

Don Riley
President
Walton County Taxpayers Association

Last edited: