• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What's Your Top Spot For Pizza In SoWal?

New posts
It's no secret that we adore Pizza Bar.

I know that a lot of you live in the ATL area (that's why some call SoWal "Atlanta Beach"). There's a relatively new pizza restaurant near Georgia Tech called Antico. The food editor of the AJC said, "I can?t think of a restaurant in Atlanta?s recent history that has caused as much commotion as Antico." We went last night. They have three 900-degree wood-fire ovens. The perimeter of the crust tastes good, but the pizza sauce makes the crust wet everywhere else. Yuck. The quality of the toppings doesn't compare to Pizza Bar. A pizza for two is about $20. No salads on the menu. They serve no alcohol (although you can bring your own), the Cokes are 8.5 ounce bottles (so no free refills), and only bottled water is available.

There's also an attitude. They have group seating, and the stools have labels that say, "Do not move this stool, or we might have to ask you to leave." :roll: The middle of each group table has condiments, and there are signs that ask you to return the condiments to the middle of the table as soon as you have used them. :whack:

We don't plan to return there unless someone can convince us otherwise. Big disappointment.
 
Well,

I wondered what happened, there was literally a 100 vote jump for PBTS overnight.

Too bad...
 
I like PBTS and Brunos. Bruno's definitely has the best deal on a Greek Salad on 30A.
 
I will take good pizza with great service anyday over a great pizza with bad service.

Pizza by the Sea, however in my opinion, delivers on both fronts, great pizza and even better service.

And the nice thing about Pizza by the Sea, you don't have to be known by them to get great service, which to me is the true test of a great restaurant.
 
This is an interesting poll because it is for "Top Spot" for pizza. This could mean a lot of things besides best pizza. It could mean best value, best venue, best experience, etc.

If we are talking just best pizza then I vote for Pickle Factory. I suggest the Prawn and Sundried Tomato or the Kee Mow. I like to go with a small group and sit on their big comfy couch. Great gourmet thin crust! Super atmosphere- fun, intimate and inviting.

If we are talking best value then you gotta go with Bruno's or Pizza by the Sea since they both do a buffet. I don't think either of their pizzas are incredible- only fine but the price and the experience boost them up the list.

If we are talking best venue then I'd day Pizza Bar- either eating in their swank outside area behind the sand dune or sitting at the counter with a glimpse of their oven and general pizza operation. Super thin crust pizza, great other dishes. A little pricey but that's Seaside.

If we are talking about best experience- Well, I have kids so for me it's gotta be Fat Daddy's or Pizza by the Sea because they do so well to cater to families. Again- pizza isn't incredible but they make up for it in other ways- e.g. Fat Daddy's has about the best beer specials I've ever seen in the area.

I'm sure there are many others I haven't thought of. Hope this helps folks trying to make sense out of the results of this poll...
 
Bruno's tops all others......
 
We are definitely going to have a pizza night. We usually like Amore's! After reading this thread the Pizza bar sounds pretty good too. Maybe we will branch out and try something new. :D
 
LA LOBAS BAKERY HAS THE BEST PIZZA IN THE PANHANDLE OF FLORIDA. I have tried the thin crust, and the thick deep dish, and wow. SO SO SO GOOOOOOD :)
 
My two cents....
Pizza Bar and Pizza By the Sea are the two establishments I frequent on a regular basis. The service and the food are beyond compare. Everyone is so friendly and most often no your name when you walk through the door.
However, I do love Enzos, which no one has mentioned, and Fat Clemenzas.
I look forward to trying the Pickle Factory. I wish they were open on Sundays since that is when I seem to get out and do things.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top