• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Where is the fire?

New posts
These aren't really fires as that conjures up images of forest fires. They are controlled or prescribed burns.

I didn't know where to post this picture. I was getting buzzed by a bald eagle today over and over in Watersound Beach. I guess I was in his territory or something.
 
I didn't know where to post this picture. I was getting buzzed by a bald eagle today over and over in Watersound Beach. I guess I was in his territory or something.

Ok. So I am driving in Grayton today with the sunroof open and I totally thought I saw an eagle pretty high up after I just happened to look up. Then I thought- nah...

After seeing this- Maybe so...
 
Does anyone else remember a time when fire depts provided pet finder decals for homeowners to display so responders would know that animals were inside when a fire occurred? Everytime I am coming home and see the plumes of smoke(although it's usually the planned burns) I worry that it is my house and that my animals won't be saved.
I have a sign on my front door in GA. I learned about this on this fabulous message board (thank you, Daddy-O :bow:). Just go to the ASPCA website, and they will send you a sticker for your home. Even though I have a security system that calls 911 in case of burglary, fire, etc., it gives me a sense of relief that if the unthinkable happens, they'll know to get Pepper out of there if we were out of town for several hours.
 
I didn't know where to post this picture. I was getting buzzed by a bald eagle today over and over in Watersound Beach. I guess I was in his territory or something.

Time for a haircut?

I have a sign on my front door in GA. I learned about this on this fabulous message board (thank you, Daddy-O :bow:). Just go to the ASPCA website, and they will send you a sticker for your home. Even though I have a security system that calls 911 in case of burglary, fire, etc., it gives me a sense of relief that if the unthinkable happens, they'll know to get Pepper out of there if we were out of town for several hours.

You better take care of that poor fire fighter.
 
I didn't know where to post this picture. I was getting buzzed by a bald eagle today over and over in Watersound Beach. I guess I was in his territory or something.

That is so cool, AA. I hope the fire/burn wasn't near the eagle's nest. I had seen bald eagles last year, and just haven't taken the time to look up lately. Thanks for the reminder.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top