• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Seagrovebound said:
What is your favorite restaraunt for a very special occassion? We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and need suggestions. What about Bud & Alley's in Seaside? :dunno:

The Santa Rosa Beach Club is open to non-members for dining, but not on weekends. The view is wonderful and the food is not bad; service is friendly and efficient. For a really special dinner, I would go to A Fish Out of Water. It is expensive, but the food is unusually good and the wine list is the best I've seen in the area. We have been there many times and you do not need a coat or tie. Sometimes I wear nice slacks and my dress flip-flops. I would not wear jeans there, however.

Criollas has a pretty and romantic atmosphere, but I find the flavors muddled and the service somewhat lackadaisical. Cafe 30-A has a lot of variety on the menu and some good cuts of meat, but probably more expensive than the quality belies. Also, this is a very large restaurant and can get very noisy if they are full. Don't be intimidated by the somelier, because the one we had didn't know much about wine. I am surprised that no one has mentioned The Bait House at WaterColor. I haven't been there yet, but it looks intriguing.

We found Basmati's very romantic and serene, the food pretty good, too. It is an Asian-fusion place, so not for everyone's taste.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, Cafe Tango has the delicious pecan-crusted Grouper -- Funny how all of the good local restaurants never change the menu items.

Regarding the BaitHouse, it is open seasonally, and it is out of sight and therefore, out of mind. I've eaten there several times, and the atmosphere is great, location is great, food is okay and reasonably priced. They will propably reopen soon -- maybe Memorial Day? It is also kid friendly.