• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Where's Jen-nay?

New posts
HELLO it's over one hundred here every day this week !!!!

Heat index for tomorrow is 110 :yikes:

ok, back to your thread:blush:

OMG!! The heat!! I thought NC would be a bit cooler than Florida, but it was really hot there too. The only relief was in camp this morning- it was 75. Usually I am wearing sleeves in the morning there- not today!

Atlanta was nutso hot, and my car thermometer hit 102 between Eufala and Dothan today.
 
HELLO it's over one hundred here every day this week !!!!

Heat index for tomorrow is 110 :yikes:

ok, back to your thread:blush:

You too? It's quarter to ten here and it's 90 degrees outside. I know it gets hot in SoWal but at least there's the lovely Gulf...no such luck here.

Sorry Jenny, back to the thread!!! :D
 
I will miss you all while I am on restricted computer access. I left no less than three IKEA pieces unassembled and hidden in guest rooms. I had not swept, let alone mopped in days. The computer was hot to the touch and there was a HUGE dent in the beer supply. I am basically a n'er do well in a kilt. Goodbye, sweet friends!:wave:



:roll:Clearly, you need to be tutored in how to work it Skunky. Always, always hide extra beer to refill the fridge, and throw your empties away in the neighbors can. It really won't hurt your computer to shove it in the freezer for just a few minutes to cool it off. Then meet them at the door with there favorite beverage, declarations of adoration and how much they've been missed. If further diversion tactic are required.......you're resourceful and will do well in this area. Good luck. :leaving:
 
:roll:Clearly, you need to be tutored in how to work it Skunky. Always, always hide extra beer to refill the fridge, and throw your empties away in the neighbors can. It really won't hurt your computer to shove it in the freezer for just a few minutes to cool it off. Then meet them at the door with there favorite beverage, declarations of adoration and how much they've been missed. If further diversion tactic are required.......you're resourceful and will do well in this area. Good luck. :leaving:


:lolabove: :clap: he is a smart guy....you'd think he would figure it out!:roll:
 
I will have a trip report tomorrow at some point. I wish I had remembered the camera- GTTBM and FBB's pool and yard are so beautiful!! It felt like a real vacation at a fancy resort!

Kate had a mini-Christmas moment. We had gone to a pub in downtown Asheville on June 30th, the night before we dropped off Will. The next day, 2 hours down the road, we noticed that Kate's backpack with her books, coloring stuff, Will's Gameboy and games, was gone. We had left it at Jack of the Wood.:( It was Will's first "big boy" kindergarten backpack with his initials on it. :cry: I never called 'cause I figured it was just a goner.

Bdarg talked me into going back last night, so we did, and I asked the bartender if they had the backpack. He went through a door, came back out, and walked up to Kate with the backpack behind his back, and it was another moment that I could kick myself for not having the camera- their smiles were both huge! Our sweet server from 6 weeks ago had put it in the storeroom- she knew why we were there when we walked in I think. I will love this place forever!:clap:
 
I will have a trip report tomorrow at some point. I wish I had remembered the camera- GTTBM and FBB's pool and yard are so beautiful!! It felt like a real vacation at a fancy resort!

Kate had a mini-Christmas moment. We had gone to a pub in downtown Asheville on June 30th, the night before we dropped off Will. The next day, 2 hours down the road, we noticed that Kate's backpack with her books, coloring stuff, Will's Gameboy and games, was gone. We had left it at Jack of the Wood.:( It was Will's first "big boy" kindergarten backpack with his initials on it. :cry: I never called 'cause I figured it was just a goner.

Bdarg talked me into going back last night, so we did, and I asked the bartender if they had the backpack. He went through a door, came back out, and walked up to Kate with the backpack behind his back, and it was another moment that I could kick myself for not having the camera- their smiles were both huge! Our sweet server from 6 weeks ago had put it in the storeroom- she knew why we were there when we walked in I think. I will love this place forever!:clap:


:clap: oh that made me well up! see....there are still wonderful, honest people out there!:clap: :clap:
 
OMG!! The heat!! I thought NC would be a bit cooler than Florida, but it was really hot there too. The only relief was in camp this morning- it was 75. Usually I am wearing sleeves in the morning there- not today!

Atlanta was nutso hot, and my car thermometer hit 102 between Eufala and Dothan today.

It's always 74 degrees indoors in Mono Land.

Actually, I'm trying to work a few hours every morning. It was already in the 80s here when I started at 6:15 this morning!

Glad everyone made it home without baking in their cars...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top