• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wish Me Luck!

New posts
You can do it, KDW!! I quit totally on New Year's Eve, 1981. I was a three pack a day smoker until I heard a radio talk show host in OKC say try sunflower seeds, they cut the desire for nicotine. It worked for me. I was down to three a day when my step mother sent me outside at almost midnight to smoke. I started to smoke, said I don't need this, disposed of the cigarette and haven't pick one up since. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Best of luck with your effort. We will all be watching for updates.
 
You are going to do fine. My symptoms were really rare, but they were on the package insert, after me and my Doctor looked. I never have a reaction to anything.

I'm rooting for you sweetie. I feel like a true non-smoker now. It doesn't bother me when other people smoke, expect for the smell. It stinks, and the cheaper the cigg, the stinkier....yuck.


Go KDW!!!!

Whenever I craved a cigarette, I would remind myself that I would have to start the quit process all over again, from day 1. So when you are one week out, remind yourself that you don't want to start over, and as your non-smoking days grow, it will be easier to resist picking up a smoke- you don't want to go back to Day 1!!!! Your sense of accomplishment and pride in yourself will grow every single day, and at some point, this pride will be stronger than your urge to smoke.

It will be the hardest thing you will ever do- and the most amazing for yourself, your family, and friends.:wub:
 
Last edited:
Careful with the Wellbutrin, you can't drink on it, it'll make you nuts if you do.

I'm already nuts, so, that train has left the station. I only took it for two months to get over the worst. That and the gum helped me a lot. I don't hardly ever have a sip of wine much less anything else these days. Oh, Cod, I'm old.....
 
1 week today nicotine free! :clap: I never, ever thought I would make it a day, much less a whole week. But, I have and I am proud. I have not had bad side effects from the Chantix. I have had some minor ones but not enough for me to quit taking it. It has truly been a miracle for me. Now that the nicotine is completely gone from my system, it is just a matter of working on the "triggers" now. Which, I am proud to say I have done well with. The class helps as well because of the support you get. If anyone out there is struggeling with this addiction, there is help out there. You must make up your mind that you are done, and you can be done.

Thank you all for all of your support it means a lot to me. I guess I won't have to buy any beer when I get to SoWal, looks like I will have plently. ;-):wave:
 
1 week today nicotine free! :clap: I never, ever thought I would make it a day, much less a whole week. But, I have and I am proud. I have not had bad side effects from the Chantix. I have had some minor ones but not enough for me to quit taking it. It has truly been a miracle for me. Now that the nicotine is completely gone from my system, it is just a matter of working on the "triggers" now. Which, I am proud to say I have done well with. The class helps as well because of the support you get. If anyone out there is struggeling with this addiction, there is help out there. You must make up your mind that you are done, and you can be done.

Thank you all for all of your support it means a lot to me. I guess I won't have to buy any beer when I get to SoWal, looks like I will have plently. ;-):wave:

:clap:So proud of you- a week is HUGE!!!!!!! Sounds like you have made up your mind- glad you are 'DONE"!!! And don't skip a class, even if you think you are doing OK---
 
I just said a prayer for you.:wub:

And i have my fingers crossed! :wave:

How sweet....the prayers and crossed fingers are working so far. Thank you. :wub:

Way to go Kathy!!! I know you can do it. It is so great that you have buddies so that you can support each other.

The support has been tremendous and it sure does help to be held accountable. No looking back! Hope you are doing wonderful!

Darlene, you have no idea how happy this makes me. How great is it, that you and Kel are going to take this journey together. Of course, I have very selfish reasons. You and Kelly are two of my favorite people in the world to spend the day with on the beach, at the Red Bar, at my dinner table...I just love you and want both of you around to make years of memories with! I'm behind you all the way! :wub:

Ah...I love you and miss you woman! It will be so nice on our visits for me to not have to run out and smoke every few minutes. I am starting the countdown for my June visit, however I am not sure I can wait that long.....Kel and I might just have to reward ourselves with a trip down before June. It can be a graduation gift to ourselves, when we "graduate" from our quit smoking class. :wave:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

YOU GO GIRL!!!! You CAN DO THIS!!! I am so proud and will also offer up a case of Miller Light when you come down again! Lot's of patient's at our clinic have used Chantix to stop smoking. It works for most everyone we have put on it. The weird dreams part is true, do us a a favor and post some of yours! ((((((hugs)))))) to my favorite BAMA girl!

The dreams are crazy wild. People from way back in past keeping popping up in them. I never really dreamed before, but now it is kind of cool. No nightmares yet, just wild and crazy! Thankyou for you support. Hugs to you sweetie!

You are going to do fine. My symptoms were really rare, but they were on the package insert, after me and my Doctor looked. I never have a reaction to anything.

I'm rooting for you sweetie. I feel like a true non-smoker now. It doesn't bother me when other people smoke, expect for the smell. It stinks, and the cheaper the cigg, the stinkier....yuck.

So last night before class we went to dinner and we were behind a group of about 4 people, I could really smell the smoke on them. Before, I never would have smelled it. It was a strange feeling for sure to think to myself, I used to smell like that......I smell sweet now. he he. :wave:

You can do it, KDW!! I quit totally on New Year's Eve, 1981. I was a three pack a day smoker until I heard a radio talk show host in OKC say try sunflower seeds, they cut the desire for nicotine. It worked for me. I was down to three a day when my step mother sent me outside at almost midnight to smoke. I started to smoke, said I don't need this, disposed of the cigarette and haven't pick one up since. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Best of luck with your effort. We will all be watching for updates.

Congratulations Andy! Thank you!

:clap:So proud of you- a week is HUGE!!!!!!! Sounds like you have made up your mind- glad you are 'DONE"!!! And don't skip a class, even if you think you are doing OK---

Thanks jdarg. It is huge truly for me it is very huge. Not going to skip one class. They really, really help.

Will keep you all posted!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top