• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worry!

New posts
:welcome: You never know where a tread will go.

images.jpg


Concern causes me to think and pray -- not to worry.

To me...worry is a form of the devil, and/so I will not give him that pleasure...but thanks for asking though!!!

Where's 6thgen? He should be posting a definition of "to worry" about now! :biggrin:

51YVQFAAHSL._AA240_.jpg


.
 
Do you not think that worry is a form of concern? As I said, freaking out with worry is not healthy, but I see no problem with a little worry. A little worry may keep someone from making a critical life error.

Not to step in 6th Gen's place, but we're drawing a line between concern and anxiety. I think that she's getting at being "anxious for nothing..." It's the difference outlined in the Serenity Prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
 
I'm happy you're overly concerned about your Discover bill. Let's line dance together.
 
I'm happy you're overly concerned about your Discover bill. Let's line dance together.

:funn: :funn: :funn: :funn: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The devil line dances? :floor: So does that mean that country music is REALLY the devil's music?:idontno:
 
Jesus commands believers not to worry (Matthew 6:25). Instead of worrying, believers should pray (Philippians 4:6). According to the Bible, only this will lead to peace of mind (Philippians 4:7).
 
Anxiety. Now we are getting somewhere, NoHall. I believe that anxiety has direct correlation to self-centeredness. The more I think that I am the most important thing in existence, the more worry(anxiety) I will have. When I shed the focus on the self, the worry and anxiety lessen. Sure, prayer is a useful tool which may assist some people in redirecting their attention to something, or someone, greater than one's self. That works, and there are several other things we can do to help redirect the focus and remember that greater things exist. However, when all we do is focus on other things as a way to lessen the anxiety, we may not be listening to our own desperate needs and in some cases, that can be as harmful as the anxiety which we are trying to avoid. There are no simple answers.
 
Last edited:
Jesus commands believers not to worry (Matthew 6:25). Instead of worrying, believers should pray (Philippians 4:6). According to the Bible, only this will lead to peace of mind (Philippians 4:7).


So true
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top