• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Yard Creatures

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
I'll show you mine if you show me yours...

P9110008sm.jpg


From a distance, this male Fiddler Crab blends in really well to the Oak leaves.

P3210050sm.jpg


Green Anole


IMG_4788sm.jpg


(Non-poisonous) Corn Snake
IMG_4776sm.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice shot! :D
Thanks. Got that one this morning. This afternoon, I saw a fat Cottonmouth today in crossing the street in front of a friend's house. The snake quickly retreated back into my friend's yard, into the cover of the bushes. Interestingly, he saw me taking this photo this morning and told me that he has seen several Cottonmouths in his yard lately. Due to the drought we've had, he thinks they are coming out of the dried up wetlands to seek water via his yard irrigation.
 
Last edited:
:yikes: Great pics! I have nothing in my yard to compare.
 
Thanks gracey. Zinnias and morning glories are the only flowers that lived thru the drought. I couldn't believe that bird landed right on it like that...and actually stayed there long enough to let me get it :clap: It looked like it was eating something between the petals. :idontno:
This is funn, SJ. Sorry I couldn't find as many creatures as in your yard but it was good getting out in the yard with the camera a minute early this mornin'. :D I'll keep huntin'. Anyone else got sumpin' to show?
 
Last edited:
My cat eats all the other creatures in the yard!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top