• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

your first cd

New posts
I still have a shoe box of 8 tracks. They were my brother's. Deep Purple, Cat Stevens (my favorite) Carpenters, etc. The only one of mine is 5th Dimension.
Albums? Ask Bobby J about 1/3 of my collection.....I have just over 3000 LPs. Most are mine, the rest were inherited. I started collecting at a very young age...Maybe the first one I bought with my own money...Soundtrack from Song of the South. Yes, I was singing showtunes in Kindergarten.
I even have some 78s!
My first CD? I was a freshman in college...Prince Purple Rain? Nope, that may have been the last album.
How am I supposed to remember anything from my college days? I majored in beer!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 
:welcome: back tat!!! How was your trip?

Thanks Miss Kitty! Trip was very laid back and quiet. Kids were content to just hang out at the pool and beach every day - didn't ask to go places or do stuff. Might as well enjoy that while I can, huh? We had to improvise our last dull day - Kaylee came down with an ear infection. Beachmom came to the rescue and recommended a little clinic in Blue Mtn Beach (Palmetto Clinic?) They take walk-in's & basic office visits were a flat $50. There were 4 people in front of us and we were still in and out in less than an hour. I've waited longer than that for our pediatricians here at home even with an appt! After seeing the doctor, we drove into Destin to get her prescription filled - then spent the rest of the day shopping there, and had a fancy gourmet lunch at Sonic - lol.

I have to admit, I needed the week to just chill - work was hell leading up to vacation and it's already hell again after only 3 days back. And my back was just killing me from the 2 day drive - didn't start feeling better until about the middle of the week (after I realized the very soft feather topper on the bed in the master was probably not helping matters and removed it.) The heat wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. We ate our meals at the condo out on the balcony - I cooked several times. But we did hit Angelina's one night for dinner, as well as Seagrove Market (both ok - not great.) One lunch at Smiling Fish Cafe (good grouper tacos which was more like a burrito, but still yummy!) Then D & K a few times (incredible!) And ordered pizza from Bruno's once too. Kids LOVED their cinnamon knots and the pizza. Stayed at Dunes of Seagrove and really liked it. Great pool and easy walk to the beach. Highlight of the week was one evening when Evan walked to the pool from the beach because he had sand in his trunks. A few minutes later, Kaylee comes running back down to the beach and tells me, "Evan pulled his trunks down around his knees and can't get them back up." So I head up the walkway and find my son bare-assed and hosing himself off at the pool shower. Wish I had my camera - lol. Hopefully next trip I'll be able to meet up with some Sowallers again - I have just not been very social since my divorce was finalized...need to snap out of it!
 
Instant Art...take all those album covers and buy some of those frames for them. I got some a few years ago at Restoration Hardware. Great for a teenagers room!

We enjoy going to Theo's Pizza on Scenic 98 and looking at all of the album covers on the walls, picking out the ones we still have, wish we had.....nice walk down memory lane.
 
hi linda :wave: sounds like a good vaca. glad you are back, but wish you had a pick of the boy - sounds funny !

i like your pic of the kids by the way :wub:
 
hi linda :wave: sounds like a good vaca. glad you are back, but wish you had a pick of the boy - sounds funny !

i like your pic of the kids by the way :wub:

It was good - as relaxing of a week as you can possibly have with 2 kids under the age of 10....

I'm sure one day Evan will have heard that story repeated so many times that he will be eternally grateful that I didn't have a camera on me!

And my kids didn't build the sand structure - lol. But it made for a fine photo op -lol. Thanks!

Ok, bedtime for me - need my 3 hours of sleep or I'll never be able to function tomorrow!
 
Grayt report. :clap: So glad you got plenty of rest......that is the best part of the trip! Hand in there with work. My last 3 weeks have been hailish!!! No energy left to post or enjoy the board. :bang:
 
:clap: ...wonderful trip report! lindatat...I am so glad you were able to get down and chill in sowal with your children...you needed that. Don't worry... we are like a bad rash..we don't go away! We will be here whenever you need us! :wave:
 
:clap: ...wonderful trip report! lindatat...I am so glad you were able to get down and chill in sowal with your children...you needed that. Don't worry... we are like a bad rash..we don't go away! We will be here whenever you need us! :wave:

:floor: i've been called many things, but never a bad rash. i kinda like it !
 
Woo hoo! Great trip report Linda! :clap: So glad you had such a great time with the kids at the beach. Wonderful memories forever.

Love the picture too. :wub:

Glad you're back on the board too. I was starting to get worried and wondered where you were!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top