• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisgirl

Beach Crab
Jul 20, 2005
Chesterfield, MO
Boys will be boys, no matter what the age. He was very concerned about the alligators at Fudpuckers.

Thanks to the responses, this is such an awesome message board. Found out from a phone call that the pool I asked about before is open again, and beach access is much closer than previously told at Leeward Key. Hope he information is correct.

Have looked at all the pictures on the website....awesome photography Moon Creek.

woodysgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
We just returned from Seaside. A security guard is posted
at the beach "walkdown" but he/she was hit or
miss whether they checked Seaside credentials
to use the walkway. The beach looks so much
better today than the first day we were there.
It was quite crowded with chairs and tents
side by side. If I wanted to use Seaside's walkway
and were not a guest of the resort, and
someone tried to stop me, I certainly would
not hesitate to mention the amount of patronage
I have given their stores and restaurants over
the years. Good luck to everyone trying to
get down to the beach. Think twice about
cancelling your reservations as we had a wonderful
time and very little trouble !!!

timnoles

Beach Crab
Jul 10, 2005
Winter Haven, FL
There were about 35 of us who just spent a week at Pan-A-Sea-A and Covell GT in Gulf Trace-Grayton Beach. The first few days were ok, but we spent most of the time in the pool. There was a lot of seaweed on the beach and the walk-down had been wiped out. After about the 3rd day, we noticed the water was starting to clear and work had begun on the walk down. By day 5, the water was very clear and the walk-down was finished. We were very happy we kept our reservation and had an incredible time. Thanks to all of you who posted the positive messages...it did help us make our decision to continue with the plans!!!

Last edited:

ostatekitty

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
woodysgrl, how was the beach while you were there? we're leaving friday night. we are staying at the house of friends, so i'm not sure what credentials we'll have to show a security guard. maybe i should take photos of us standing inside the doorway to our house? ;)

fredbuchmann

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
We have just returned from a great week at Seagrove and want to thank everyone who posted info in the week after Dennis. The walkover where we stayed was being rebuilt as we arrived and by Sunday the water was perfectly clear and warm - like a giant swimming pool. The grouper sandwiches were great, Seaside Rep's "Complete Works of Shakespeare" was a delightful romp and the sales were outstanding at the Silver Sands outlet mall. The Red Bar and Cafe 30-A were better than ever.

We were very sorry to see the damage to the dunes and to some property but felt so lucky to be there at least for a little while. We did our best to help the economy! Hope we'll see you next year.

"If you're luck enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough."

Jayne Graves

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
St. Louis/Belleville, IL.
I enjoyed reading your reply. We go down every year, decided not to go this year. But after seeing what Dennis did, we need to go back. Too many good memories. It was hard to see what happened to the dunes and beaches that brought us so much pleasure. Not to mention the food that brought us so much pleasure. Yes-the Red Bar, BeachMa, if you read this, remember the peckerini pasta! And our twin leppard sister, herrre! :rotfl: Well, again we will be there as usual the week of August 13th. Looking forward to yet another year, eventhough the beaches will not be as perfect, hope we can help out in some way so that our kids can carry out our family traditions! Remember, what happens at the RedBar, stays at the RedBar! :rotfl: :clap_1: :clap_1: :rotfl: :lolabove: :love: And what happened at Bud & Alley's, we might go to hell for :rofl: Yea, somebody needs to "get a room" :bang: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Last edited:

Jayne Graves

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
St. Louis/Belleville, IL.
I noticed alot of people from this "venue" are from good old St. Louis area. We also are from the area, well sort of, Belleville, don't laugh. It's a real good time out there there at the beaches. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

SandyToes

Beach Crab
Jul 12, 2005
beachluvr said:
I've seen some metion of canopies-negative-was wondering what that was all about. We were planning to bring one with us this year. Are they not welcome? :dunno:

Also, any news of walkovers in Seagrove area?

Thanks!!!!
We just got back from Seagrove Beach on the 24th. There was a great beach access off Lakewood Dr. straight past the first Stop sign, follow the curve in the road to a 4way stop at Beach Front Trail make a right. The road curves at the beach access where you can park and walk right onto the beach. It was beautiful and the water was wonderful. We can't wait to go back!

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Jayne Graves said:
I noticed alot of people from this "venue" are from good old St. Louis area. We also are from the area, well sort of, Belleville, don't laugh. It's a real good time out there there at the beaches. :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

We "St. Louisians" must just know a good thing when we see it! :clap_1:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Jayne Graves said:

OH MY GOODNESS...my husband is from there! His father, stepmom, brother and sister still live in Belleville. I won't laugh...after growing up in Houston, Belleville is kind of quaint! And there is lots of horseradish there as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.