• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kkn

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2006
Arkansas
My sister and brother-in-law are coming to Seagrove in April. They wanted to know about some good resturants. We were there last summer and had one night out without kids and went to Cafe Thirty A which was great! What are some other places I can recommend to them? And their specialities?

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Basmati's. I haven't tried the new D&Ks on Grayton Beach (I think there are ocean views) but others on this site can let you know. I assume they're excellent -- the old D&K's was one of my favorite places to go.

I also heard the cheese plate at Wild Olives is amazing. Haven't tried it myself yet, but will in April.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
Basmati's. I haven't tried the new D&Ks on Grayton Beach (I think there are ocean views) but others on this site can let you know. I assume they're excellent -- the old D&K's was one of my favorite places to go.

I also heard the cheese plate at Wild Olives is amazing. Haven't tried it myself yet, but will in April.

There are ocean views from D & K's and the new interior is beautiful. We loved all the art work in it. Kathy you did an excellent job!:bow:
The food was fantastic! Everything that each one of us tried was fantastic. I had steak which was divine, FFF had the snapper, we each tried the other and started to switch plates but could not decide which was our favorite... so we just shared! One of the best salads around....had lightly dusted and fried crawfish on top.:drool: Oh and my steak had lightly dusted and fried oyster on top....mmmmmmmmm....I have to go again next week!

Don't forget Borago's...tell them you want the Miss Kitty special:D ..you may get a blank look....tell them you want the appetizer of grilled scallops....deliciouso! Also, one of the best martini bars around!:party:

kkn

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2006
Arkansas
Amore's menu looks yummy!:clap_1: We tried the Old Florida Fish House while we were there in July and wasn't impressed. The service was bad and the food was just okay. It was over the fourth so maybe they were just too busy. I heard good things about them before we went. Don't know if I'd recommend them with so many other good places to try. D & K's sounds like a place with good food and atmoshere. I'll forward that on to my sister. What about Borago's?

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
I was introduced to Borago's by local friends. They eat out on/near 30A nightly and declared it their favorite. I have been going for 3 years and love it every time. My friends also put us on Smiling Fish--Tue. only dinner meal, Cafe 30A, and Cowgirl's Kitchen for lunch/take outs. I highly recommend all.

Wow, almost forgot one of our very favorites for a special night---Cafe Tango.

Last edited: