• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
I have not been able to find any pictures of Seacrest Beach. Is it an actual beach community or town? Any pictures or information of the area would be greatly appreciated.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
It's the stretch of beach between Water Sound Resort and Rosemary beach. Where Camp Creek Road comes out just before Alyce Beach. It's just about 2 miles long.

Its not an incorporated town or beach as most are not along 30A (Seaside is the exception. Maybe Grayton?). I believe technically, Seacrest and beaches east of there have Panama City Beach addresses much to their chagrin. (I can't remember, but either Water Sound or Rosemary fought tooth and nail to get a non PCB address and secured their own namesake.) There is a nice Seacrest Beach sign posted on 30A at each of its terminus', but that is a local designation only.

There's really not any business there to speak of. It's filled end to end with low rise condos on the Gulf side with the exception of Sand Cliffs Condos near the eastern end and a street of homes on the western end. The north side is mostly homes, but does not go very far.

Last edited:

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
TNJed is correct; however it is worth noting that the Seacrest Beach North subdivision (the one with the cottage homes and 12,000 square foot pool) is on the other side of Alys Beach from the rest of what has always been "Seacrest Beach." Seacrest Beach North used to be part of Seacrest Beach, but now that Alys Beach is in the middle there ... I don't know where it is. Oh, that's right, it's in Panama City Beach. :roll:

What was your question again? :funn:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
Many people refer to Seacrest Beach North, a subdivision incorporating some traits of new urbanism between Rosemary and Alys on the north side of 30-A as Seacrest--there's a lifeguard chair sign. I always think of that as Seacrest, even though Seacrest is technically the whole area described in the post above.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
So what is your opinion of the area for a family that wants a relatively non-crowded beach but close enough to restaurants, shopping and fresh seafood to get to easily. We have an opportunity to go to the subdivision mentioned above-Seacrest North i believe and were wondering what the area was like.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
It's a wonderful area. The beach may get a little crowded on certain big days -- Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. -- but it is a great location with a wonderful pool and fountain for kids, walk to Rosemary or Alys.

taterbaby

Beach Lover
Feb 18, 2005
I had no idea that Rosemary and Alys were close enough to walk to-we are hoping to get in some shopping and maybe visit a spa if there is one close by. Hopefully my children will not be disappointed that it is not in the middle of things-I KNOW I will not be disappointed!

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
I had no idea that Rosemary and Alys were close enough to walk to-we are hoping to get in some shopping and maybe visit a spa if there is one close by. Hopefully my children will not be disappointed that it is not in the middle of things-I KNOW I will not be disappointed!

You'll basically be sandwiched by them. Though the walk to Rosemary will be more sight and activity filled.

That pool at Seacrest is pretty darn cool. Kids will love you for it!

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I agree with SeacrestKristi that Seacrest rocks in a quiet way, which is why we have two cottages there. In addition to what's been said so far:

1. The Seacrest Beach area has several private homes and small communities along the stretch between Rosemary and Watercolor, many are for rent. You can see the different communities if you go to http://www.vrbo.com/ and type in Seacrest for the area. There will be several communities listed, some beach front and some across the road from the beach on 30A, most a very short walk to the beach because there are many beach accesses, including at least one public beach access.

2. I never found our beaches crowded at all, and I've been there in July. So, whether or not it's crowded may depend where in Seacrest Beach you are. Mornings and sunsets have always been uncrowded, with the occasional person fishing or running or walking (and me reading in my beach chair, though now I walk since joining SoWell on SoWal).

3. One of our renters told us the fishing is great in our area (he fished every day this winter with a guy who came out from Panama City Beach because he said the fishing was much better at Seacrest Beach but that's supposed to be a secret I think.

4. Within the 2 mile or so stretch of road that is within Seacrest Beach area, you'll find several restaurants (Sweet Olives, Onanos, Blue by Night - though I dont know if it's still called that, Seacrest Cafe, Shades, and a few others -- 4 miles west you get to Seagrove with more restaurants), about 4 coffee shops (Fonville Press at Alys Beach, Starbucks at Rosemary Beach, Sweet Olives at Rosemary, Seacrest Cafe at Villages of South Walton), evening wine and cheese tastings at Fonville Press and Sweet Olives on Friday evenings, a water fountain that lights up and dances to music in the evening at the Villages of South Walton around 8:30 pm in the evenings - children love to run through it because it's an "interactive fountain", a Publix and Winn Dixie 4 miles east on 98, another Publix about 4.5 miles west off of 30A in Seagrove, a small market with basics at Wild Olives -- 1 mile east, the bike path - it's funn riding through the parts of Rosemary beach that no one usually sees and that are completed, Deer Lake State Park - absolutely stunning and uncrowded - no homes just lovely dunes and beach.

Again, try VRBO to get a sense of what's in the Seacrest area. You'll find many different kinds of homes/condos/communities for rent. SeacrestKristi has a rental too I believe, as do a few other people on this board. I've pm'd you the link to our cottages at the Cottages at Camp Creek. And let us know if you have any other specific questions.

We LOVE the Seacrest area for so many reasons, especially the quiet yet with many resources (just enough to make life easy but not so many that it makes the area too busy).

Last edited: