• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It's getting a little gusty in Seagrove, but still not up to last week's thunderstorm. The rain is hardly more than a drizzle.

The evolution in the NEXRAD radar seems to suggest that yesterday's heavy rain on the leading edge of the storm is greatly diminished. But the rain on the trailing edge has gotten much bigger.

So, it looks like the real rain in SoWal will be after the center passes. With the center now near Apalach and Fay's SLOW movement, we could be late this afternoon or sometime tonight before the real blow and rain.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=EVX

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It's getting a little gusty in Seagrove, but still not up to last week's thunderstorm. The rain is hardly more than a drizzle.

The evolution in the NEXRAD radar seems to suggest that yesterday's heavy rain on the leading edge of the storm is greatly diminished. But the rain on the trailing edge has gotten much bigger.

So, it looks like the real rain in SoWal will be after the center passes. With the center now near Apalach and Fay's SLOW movement, we could be late this afternoon or sometime tonight before the real blow and rain.

http://www.wunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=EVX

That's what I'm seeing too- tornado warnings are starting to kick up on the back side of the storm. This morning looks pretty quiet, but later today sounds like the storm will be impacting us like we have been expecting it to-

Last night was such a non-event at our house. We all got a good night sleep!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
When I woke up this morning....I wondered where the storm went???? I see from the radar we'll be seeing more action later today. Did I hear the Weather Channel say it was intensifying???

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Here's what it looks like at Eastern Lake this morning. Good news! Tents and beach crap ALL gone.

imgp0853.jpg

Last edited:

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
Just talked with my cousin in Jacksonville,no power for 2days! She has roof damage. Tree in park across the street caught on fire and tree over neighbors car.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sunspot, I wouldn't call it the bullseye. We are on the west side of the center, currently, and there isn't much rain on this side for the moment. Most of the rain and wind is on the east.