• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Wow, very cool. National Geographic worthy. :clap::clap:
Thanks for the jelly fish "sting."

Cheering472

SoWal Insider
Nov 3, 2005
Amazing :clap: Thanks Kurt, you make a good jellyfish wrangler. Hope the stings are better.

grammyc

Beach Comber
Kurt-you are a very BRAVE man! AND excellent with that camera. What kind is it? I have an olympus 770sw digital/water and hope to do some shooting from my kayak while there in aug. Also how do you keep it so still as in your other kayak videos? :dunno: Keep shooting, you're a natural!

Hop

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Dune Allen
www.myspace.com
Are the fishys' trapped in the jelly? All I can say is National Geographic!:clap:

those guys look pretty gnarly...they were out in force yesterday @ crab island....

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
Beautiful Kurt!:clap::clap::clap:Thanks for sharing!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
COOL!!!!
I didn't know jelly fish were an eco system of their own!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks everyone! :love:

You must speak jellyfishish. They seemed to be performing for the camera. Thanks for taking one for the team in the making of this video!:clap:

Oh yeah- where's the part where you fell into the water?

That's on the outtakes video. :lol:

Very nice. How big in diameter were some of these jellies? :shock:

They're what we call cannonballs. Most are little bigger than a big fist. Some have tentacles which are several feet.

Are the fishys' trapped in the jelly? All I can say is National Geographic!:clap:

The fish are immune to the sting. The jellies offer protexction from predators that are not immune. Like us. :D

Kurt-you are a very BRAVE man! AND excellent with that camera. What kind is it? I have an olympus 770sw digital/water and hope to do some shooting from my kayak while there in aug. Also how do you keep it so still as in your other kayak videos? :dunno: Keep shooting, you're a natural!

Olympus 1030 - I usually have it resting on something.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Someone told me tonight that there is a market for cannonball jellies in Japan and that some of our local fisherman have taken to the trade.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Someone told me tonight that there is a market for cannonball jellies in Japan and that some of our local fisherman have taken to the trade.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jellyfish[/ame]

Scroll down to Culinary uses. Apparently they pickle it. :blink:

Cool footage, is the camera water proof or do you put it in a ziplock?

meigsart

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2006
I had the experience of being fed it on a biz trip to China. It was crunchy, I asked what it was...shouldn't have. Great video Kurt!!