• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I priced out companies for about 2 months. The high bid on my house was about 22,000.00 and that was all manual ,no elecric roll ups. The low bid was about 7000.00 The electric roll ups are nice but were way out of my budget.

Fabric Shield cost,if I can remember correctly, was about 4300.00 for doors and windows. I saved around 15% to 20% by installing myself. With them being rated so well and meeting numerous codes, you will qualify for a break on your insurance. The website will identify all the codes they meet. So far we don't have a single complaint about them.

Hope it helps,

Curtis

Curtis said:
I priced out companies for about 2 months. The high bid on my house was about 22,000.00 and that was all manual ,no elecric roll ups. The low bid was about 7000.00 The electric roll ups are nice but were way out of my budget.

Fabric Shield cost,if I can remember correctly, was about 4300.00 for doors and windows. I saved around 15% to 20% by installing myself. With them being rated so well and meeting numerous codes, you will qualify for a break on your insurance. The website will identify all the codes they meet. So far we don't have a single complaint about them.

Hope it helps,

Curtis
It's obvious from the video that they "give" a bit, so there needs to be some amount of space between the fabric and the window. How much space? I assume that whatever hardware they're mounted on just stays on year-round.

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
BR....you are correct, mounting the fabric shade requires special hardware that you leave in place. I couldn't get excited about filling my wood trim with all of those holes for each grommet to attach the shield.

I'm now looking into 3M's Ultrashield, a heavy duty tint (or clear) product applied inside the window...tested to 129mph, offers some energy savings, theft deterrent, and the best part, less $$!

Last edited:
BR....you are correct, mounting the fabric shade requires special hardware that you leave in place. I couldn't get excited about filling my wood trim with all of those holes for each grommet to attach the shield.

I'm now looking into 3M's Ultrashield, a heavy duty tint (or clear) product applied inside the window...tested to 129mph, offers some energy savings, theft deterrent, and the best part, less $$!
Will have to get Mr. BR to check that out. Thanks.