• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

hill

Beach Comber
Aug 31, 2006
Panama City Beach, FL
Hi,
I am currently looking for a new position preferably in the SoWal area. I recently moved here from Birmingham where I held a position as a marketing assistant to the VP of a successful company and I am currently employed at one of the Resorts along 30A. I graduated from the University of Alabama in August of 2004 with a degree in Consumer Industrial Marketing and would like to find a fun position that will allow me to utilize the business skills that I have acquired from my college and previous work experiences. Although I love my current job it has come to my attention that hours will unexpectedly cut during the winter months. Just curious as to if any of you out there may possibly know of any available positions in the area. I am open minded to all fun, challenging and rewarding opportunites. Please Help!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Hi,
I am currently looking for a new position preferably in the SoWal area. I recently moved here from Birmingham where I held a position as a marketing assistant to the VP of a successful company and I am currently employed at one of the Resorts along 30A. I graduated from the University of Alabama in August of 2004 with a degree in Consumer Industrial Marketing and would like to find a fun position that will allow me to utilize the business skills that I have acquired from my college and previous work experiences. Although I love my current job it has come to my attention that hours will unexpectedly cut during the winter months. Just curious as to if any of you out there may possibly know of any available positions in the area. I am open minded to all fun, challenging and rewarding opportunites. Please Help!

Good luck...I moved down there from New York and it was a little tough finding something comparable to what my experience was. Needless to say I gave up after about 2 months of really looking. I'm in PR so it's similar to what you do. It's just tricky because my experience was more fashion/ent. focused so you actually may be better off seeing I had little experience in the lifestyle/consumer area.

Hit up the St. Joe websites...Or all the development websites. Maybe Kurt will hire you. He's been BEGGING me to work for him, but we can't agree on a fee.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Maids, pool maintenace, waiter, desk clerk....sign spinner?

:dunno: Something to be said for the "simple life"?
Or I guess you get your real estate lisence...right?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
:dunno: Something to be said for the "simple life"?

Nothing wrong with that, as long as one doesn't need the money to live on.

I have an old friend of the family (emphasis on "old") who's very well off and loves, loves, loves being a hostess at a chain hotel serving the "freebie" breakfast to the guests. Now, if she needed the salary to pay the rent, insurance, and buy food--she'd be in deep trouble (of course having all-you-can-eat muffin tops would be a plus :cool: ).

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Nothing wrong with that, as long as one doesn't need the money to live on.

I have an old friend of the family (emphasis on "old") who's very well off and loves, loves, loves being a hostess at a chain hotel serving the "freebie" breakfast to the guests. Now, if she needed the salary to pay the rent, insurance, and buy food--she'd be in deep trouble (of course having all-you-can-eat muffin tops would be a plus :cool: ).

:funn: I worked in Sowal until my "employer" asked me to pass out flyers at Wal-Mart. 5 minutes later I booked a flight back to New York.

I'd love to have rent covered and just putz around. Actually no... I need ot be productive. But that's just me.

Maids, pool maintenace, waiter, desk clerk....sign spinner?

Here are the latest ads JOE has in the most recent Port St Joe newspaper:

Administrative CLOSING COORDINATOR WindMark Beach Sales Center in Port St Joe has an immediate opening for a Closing Coordinator. Individual should have previous real estate closing and title work experience or mortgage experience. Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment required. We offer great pay and an excellent benefits package! Please submit Resume via fax to 229-7952, email to rebecca.standige@joe. com or visit careers.joe. com to submit an online application & resume Equal Opportunity Employer Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required.
Administrative PT RECEPTIONIST St Joe is currently searching for a part-time receptionist; hours are Sat 9-6 and Sun 12:30-6 in Port St Joe. Qualified candidate will have 1-2 years work experience and must be professional and friendly! MS Office skills are also required. We offer great pay and an excellent benefits package! Please submit Resume via fax to 229-7952, email to rebecca.standige@joe. com or visit careers.joe. com to submit an online application & resume Equal Opportunity Employer Pre-Employment Drug Screening Required.

Don't know what jobs they might have in SoWal area, if any at all.