• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Please try to get a rescue dog, they truly make the best pets!

Ditto, Petfinder.com has ANYTHING you want. 30,000 - 60,000 pets are euthanized in 1 county in various parts of the state each month. I don't have Bay county figures but I'm sure they're just as high. For every dog that's bought, another is put to sleep. Please rescue an animal. If you are afraid of getting a dog a the pound, then get one of the tens of thousands in foster homes. The foster parents are honest about behaviors of the animal and you know what you're getting up front. Sunshine was completely trained and has no bad habits other than she wants to be with me all the time but she is 1000 times better on that and dealing with

There are puppies available too.

Panhandler

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2006
In the panhandle, man...
Spence, buddy don't let your girl whip you like that.:lol: Don't you know what a "lap dog" means...Small, furry, yapping all the time piss and poop and little to no dicipline...I've got the scoop on a litter of black mouthed curs if you're interested (Free to good homes)...they are very clean and intellegent and love the ladies...geez - less IS NOT more...

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Ditto, Petfinder.com has ANYTHING you want. 30,000 - 60,000 pets are euthanized in 1 county in various parts of the state each month. I don't have Bay county figures but I'm sure they're just as high. For every dog that's bought, another is put to sleep. Please rescue an animal. If you are afraid of getting a dog a the pound, then get one of the tens of thousands in foster homes. The foster parents are honest about behaviors of the animal and you know what you're getting up front. Sunshine was completely trained and has no bad habits other than she wants to be with me all the time but she is 1000 times better on that and dealing with

There are puppies available too.

I compelety agree with what Corky say's. As most of you know ;-) my two are both rescues, and I could not ask for better dogs!!!!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I compelety agree with what Corky say's. As most of you know ;-) my two are both rescues, and I could not ask for better dogs!!!!!!!

Ditto. After rescueing two, myself, I will never select a dog because of the breed alone. Also, I will never buy a dog from a breeder, when there are so many great, loving dogs sitting in the Pound. Rescues make the best pets. :love:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I believe in rescues as well...we do have a Labrador, as my husband thought my son should have one and was afraid of a bad temperament if we got a mixed breed rescue dog. While our fullbreed is absolutely gorgeous, and very smart, she is MAJOR hyper and hence has become my husband's dog. And, labs don't make good lap dogs. In fact, they will eat your furniture so that you have nowhere to sit down and form a lap. :blush:

If all else fails, I know where there are cute puppies free to a good home. They will be short-haired, probably 20 pounds at maturity. They are extremely mixed, small hounds, and I think the only ones left are tan. They are siblings of the two little guys in my 'tar, but a different litter. FULL DISCLOSURE WARNING - their sire and dam are brother and sister. But being mixed to begin with, I haven't seen a lack of mental agility and my two are just as smart as can be. And hopefully my brother will get his dogs fixed to prevent round 3...:bang:

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
If all else fails, I know where there are cute puppies free to a good home. ....... And hopefully my brother will get his dogs fixed to prevent round 3...:bang:

If a dog has 2 litters of puppies and you sell them for $10 a piece you would have enough money to spay the mom and pay for gas to the vet's office! Please encourage your brother to spay. I've heard that "free puppies" can be a magnet for abusive homes and shark fisherman.
My dog (now fixed) had puppies once; they were purebred but had no papers. I was blasted online at a doggie message board and it made me realize how irresponsible having puppies can be. If your brother didn't have puppies maybe the people getting puppies would have adopted other dogs from shelters. There are never enough homes for dogs :sosad:

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
If a dog has 2 litters of puppies and you sell them for $10 a piece you would have enough money to spay the mom and pay for gas to the vet's office! Please encourage your brother to spay. I've heard that "free puppies" can be a magnet for abusive homes and shark fisherman.
There are never enough homes for dogs :sosad:

Excellent suggestion Snerd. You are so right and don't forget kitties. They significantly outnumber dogs.