• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Looks like 50% of high market to me.
I am not so sure that I agree. I don't think you are too far off, but I do note a difference. First of all, this is an auctioned property, which is sold as is, without contingencies, including financing contingencies, and secondly, the high list price was not the high selling price. Currently, the numbers I see are more like 30-35% off the highs, but then again, I don't know that there are enough sales to actually use the numbers as good statistics.

spinDrAtl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
The very desirable, high end homes of $3 million and above seem to be doing okay even though they may stay on the market for a long period of time. Below that level, things seem to in pretty bad shape with prices nestling in at or below 2004 prices.

These types of homes are normally a different breed of buyer anyway, and because of that, many times stay on the market for a long time, regardless of the economic climate, boom or bust.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
What we (company I work for) have been selling have been detached single family, furnished homes, east end/north of 30-A, price per sq. ft average $330 and up. To my knowledge the buyers are in it for the long haul and are not planning on selling anytime soon. Prices have been $700,000 - $850,000
Writing contracts? What type of property and price range? :dunno:

Sandcastle

Beach Fanatic
Jan 6, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
68 Pine Needle Way in Watercolor, on the block for quite a while...listed for sale at $1.7M, then at $1.4M, then went to auction this past weekend. A single bidder...SOLD! for $860K. (Whah..whaw...whaw)

Was an additional 10% buyer's premium paid?:dunno: If so, that would put the price at $946K.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Was an additional 10% buyer's premium paid?:dunno: If so, that would put the price at $946K.

The "cost" would be $946K; the "market price" would be $860K.

But at least the seller hadn't gotten to the point of dressing up as a Duck:

"With her husband's work as a resort executive taking them to Colorado, Angel McCormick decided to sell their house herself to save the real estate commission and try to break even on their investment.

She held her “For Sale” sign while wearing the bright yellow duck outfit for nearly 11 hours over four days on various well-traveled streets near her home. It brought her lots of smiles and waves, one unappreciated hand gesture, three requests for fliers, three phone queries and one house tour by a couple who followed her home. Despite McCormick's ingenuity and a few low-ball offers, however, her house remains on the market."

carlson92806.jpg

(http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=505713)

Last edited:

Huntclose

Beach Comber
Jun 2, 2006
Heres one even better than that - I have $500,000.00 to buy distressed properties on 30-A. If you or anyone you know is looking to "un-load" or
"dump" I can help. Builders and owners are welcome to email. Those that are bleeding or know of any bleeders please call. Agents are welcome.

Please send e-mail to huntclose@aol.com