• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
A nice Rosemary home north of 30A with main house and carriage house, pool, outdoor fireplace, etc. just closed at $521 per square foot. This comes on the heels of a nice cottage in Phase II of Watercolor selling in the low $400's per square foot.

Anyone looking to buy should keep their eyes open for good deals as many sellers are starting to lower prices and accept bids much lower than asking price. You might want to try Shelly's business card approach if there is a place you really have your eye on but thought the price was too high.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Another Rosemary home just closed. This one was south of 30A at 24 St. George. Price was $1.77 million or $566 per square foot--wow, this one is on the southside.

The one north of 30A sold for $1.625 million or $521 per square foot.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
I am incredibly humbled and honored to live in an area where $1.8 and $1.6 million dollar homes are considered a bargain.

I never said they were bargains. I was surprised at how far the prices have dropped recently. Lot prices have plummeted over the last 6 to 8 months and so have condo prices. Homes hadn't been hit as badly. However, these recent sales indicate that the price of homes may now be on the significant downswing.

A $1.8 million cottage will never be a "bargain" in my opinion. Especially when prices are falling with no chance of appreciation on the medium term horizon.