• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
Not much to say about Inlet Beach other than it's an inlet, kind of cut off from the rest of the world what with the gulf of Mexico on one side, Lake Powell on the other and the Inlet there at the end. I mean there ain't but two or three resturants. Their food's great, if you like food. But you have to bike to them if you're gonna stay in Inlet Beach. They don't deliver. I'd have to add there ain't much in the way of development there tho. No malls or theaters, you have to jump in your car and go all the way out to Hwy 98 and then go 10 miles east to see a Targets. Although there is plenty of parking spaces down at the beach, there ain't much room for Condos or houses or shopping vendors or hot dog sellers etc. With that 20 acre protected turtle beach smack dab in the middle of the everything, there really ain't much room for progress. Plus the trek back to Hwy 98 is a good 30 yards or so. And yeah Camp Helen is right there too, but who wants to view a bunch of wildlife or walk down a nature trail canopied by a bunch of oak trees, doesn't everybody wanna be at the beach? One of the problems I always have when I stay there is never knowing whether to put my kayak in the waters of Lake Powell or go fishing in the Gulf. I can meditate on that for several minutes before I decide. Sometimes it even takes a bike ride to Star Bucks in Rosemary for coffee to finally settle it in my head as to which way to decide. Oh yea and grilling seafood for dinner after those long sunsets can have its own troubles, like having to dart over the Philips Inlet bridge to go and get a bottle of wine from Publix. I mean, couldn't they have built that store a little closer? Oh yea, that's right the inlet's there. Yea, I guess the worse thing about Inlet Beach is, your pretty well cut off from everybody. Now you can bike or walk over to Rosemary, if they are having some kind of party, there's bound to be some loud music on one of the greens, if you want some excitement and you're going crazy from peaceful solitude. But remember if you are really suffering from boredum, and if you don't mind the 20 or 40 yards out to Hwy 98, Pier Park is about 10 miles east or you could go 25 miles west to Destin Commons if you just crave excitement. I just thought people should know the truth about Inlet Beach, so they could stay clear of the place and not ruin their vacation.

Last edited:

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
IMO Inlet Beach is one of the nicest of the beaches around. Not sure if that means much since they're all so beautiful, but Inlet's beaches are wide, lot's of sand, beautiful sand. You'll love it.

Bluznbeach

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
www.davidsswan.com
Not much to say about Inlet Beach other than it's an inlet, kind of cut off from the rest of the world what with the gulf of Mexico on one side, Lake Powell on the other and the Inlet there at the end. I mean there ain't but two or three resturants. Their food's great, if you like food. But you have to bike to them if you're gonna stay in Inlet Beach. They don't deliver. I'd have to add there ain't much in the way of development there tho. No malls or theaters, you have to jump in your car and go all the way out to Hwy 98 and then go 10 miles east to see a Targets. Although there is plenty of parking spaces down at the beach, there ain't much room for Condos or houses or shopping vendors or hot dog sellers etc. With that 20 acre protected turtle beach smack dab in the middle of the everything, there really ain't much room for progress. Plus the trek back to Hwy 98 is a good 30 yards or so. And yeah Camp Helen is right there too, but who wants to view a bunch of wildlife or walk down a nature trail canopied by a bunch of oak trees, doesn't everybody wanna be at the beach? One of the problems I always have when I stay there is never knowing whether to put my kayak in the waters of Lake Powell or go fishing in the Gulf. I can meditate on that for several minutes before I decide. Sometimes it even takes a bike ride to Star Bucks in Rosemary for coffee to finally settle it in my head as to which way to decide. Oh yea and grilling seafood for dinner after those long sunsets can have its own troubles, like having to dart over the Philips Inlet bridge to go and get a bottle of wine from Publix. I mean, couldn't they have built that store a little closer? Oh yea, that's right the inlet's there. Yea, I guess the worse thing about Inlet Beach is, your pretty well cut off from everybody. Now you can bike or walk over to Rosemary, if they are having some kind of party, there's bound to be some loud music on one of the greens, if you want some excitement and you're going crazy from peaceful solitude. But remember if you are really suffering from boredum, and if you don't mind the 20 or 40 yards out to Hwy 98, Pier Park is about 10 miles east or you could go 25 miles west to Destin Commons if you just crave excitement. I just thought people should know the truth about Inlet Beach, so they could stay clear of the place and not ruin their vacation.

BRILLIANT! This is exactly why we love Inlet Beach so much: it has that feel of an old Florida beach town. The beaches are never too crowded, the people are friendly, and you really get to experience nature in all its glory. As far as the best time for a wedding goes, my wife and I got married on the beach in late April at around 4:30 p.m. , which wasn't sunset but was beautiful. Good luck!

:welcome:

P.S: the Starbucks mentioned above will be closed by the time you get here...can you survive???!!! :rotfl:

5thGenFlo

Beach Lover
Dec 18, 2007
Nashville, TN
BRILLIANT! This is exactly why we love Inlet Beach so much: it has that feel of an old Florida beach town. The beaches are never too crowded, the people are friendly, and you really get to experience nature in all its glory. As far as the best time for a wedding goes, my wife and I got married on the beach in late April at around 4:30 p.m. , which wasn't sunset but was beautiful. Good luck!

:welcome:

P.S: the Starbucks mentioned above will be closed by the time you get here...can you survive???!!! :rotfl:

Shh! It's suppose to be a secret. What you should tell people looking for Inlet Beach is, 'I don't know where it is, but a large station wagon filled with mealymouthed little brats took off across that bridge headed to the other side of Panama City Beach. Haven't seen'em since. Must be a nice place. Why don't you head that way and see what you can find out.'

Oh and about that Starbucks closing by the time I get there, no problem. I can just add it to the reasons I love spring down there. The flowers are budding, the butterflies are flittering and the Starbucks are opening. :D

P.S. Congradulations on your wedding. Wish you many happy years.

Last edited:

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
We rent in Inlet Beach every year. The Spicy Noodle and the Terrace Restaurant are right across the highway from where we rent. And Shades on the Loop is right at 30A and 98. There are some restaurants down in the shops of Carillon just down from Inlet Beach. And of course go into PC Beach and there is Pier Park which is a great outdoor mall, opened in 2007. I have some pics from where we stay in Inlet Beach in my photo gallery. Wouldn't stay anywhere else. :D

IRIETYMES

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
We bought two properties in Inlet and wouldn't trade them for anything, but it is just terrible so stay away STAY AWAY! what with the small beach crowd, friendly folks, good beach fishing, wonderful sunsets, natural areas along the dunes, the lifeguard stand, no traffic, sandy streets, aahhhhhhhhh, wish I was there right now. BUT DO NOT TELL ANYONE ELSE OR I'LL HAVE TO FIND YOU AND K.....NAW, just come and enjoy it. And if you wanna buy, we have a 1 bdrm, twin bed hallway, sleeper futon, newly redone kitchen and bath facing the beach, lower floor of three story unit, for sale. Thought I'd throw that in there, too.