• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
The irony of that is fantastic. We have spent a month arguing about whether the County denied Lot 1. Am I hearing draw a conclusion that if an Infill project is found compatible then Redfish will get to build bathrooms on Lot 1?

You are the one with the letter KT..

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Well put. Of course, with the beach access most owners will not be walking in front of my house. Instead they either walk or bike to Lot 2 or take a shuttle to Lot 2 which is closer to the development for them than Lot 1. It will also keep people from cutting across 30A right across from their development and getting hit by a car....

You are correct about lot #2 being closer to Redfish Village(RV) than lot #1, but I think there is a difference in perception for a person standing on RV main property. When standing on the main parcel of RV and looking down Sand Dunes Rd or Gulf Point Rd at the homes on the Gulf, there is a perception that walking down that street would be the most direct route to access the beach, and there is a private, though not repaired, access at the end of Gulf Point Rd. When telling someone that they have to walk down 83, and turn the corner to the right, then access the beach to the left, not being able to see that access, will leave a quetion in people's mind as to how close it is.

In reality, the walking path from RV to lot #1 is .21 miles according to my measuring stick, and the distance along the walking path from RV to lot #2 is .19 miles -- not much actual difference but perception is quite different in my opinion.

There is an answer to solving the numerous potential car/people collisions which will be likely to happen, and I have not heard anyone speak to it. This answer would also solve the issue of people from Redfish Village walking down Gulf Point Rd and Sand Dunes Rd. The answer is to erect a fence or natural vegetation of the prickly sort along RV property adjacent to 30A. People are like cattle in the shoot. They will take the path of least resistance. Direct people down 83 at one cross walk rather than having them scatter across the busy 30A road at random, by using landscaping and fencing. Once people are at the 30A/83 intersection, they will walk straight down the street, or sidewalk if you can get them to cross that street too, to the beach, many will never even go to lot#2, because it is a farther distance to carry all of their kid's crap. They will use lot #2 for the bathrooms, but not for access, unless they get the short bus to drop them off, and no one likes to ride the short bus.;-)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
careful, pretty close to what i suggested, and I have been labeled a supporter of the project. Don't allow yourself to be thrown in with the likes of me. Someone in BMB would have a problem with that idea, and the barbs would be flying.
Well, you know that I have stated that I don't live in that BMB neighborhood, nor in Seagrove on Montgomery St, so my opinion doesn't carry any weight. :roll:

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Kevin,

>>>that the written advertisements on which you rely do not identify the
location of the private beach access

Just to make sure that this does not imply that there is no written documentation identifying the location of the beach lot, see the attached RFV plot plan.

They may be splitting hairs here if the only beach lot described does not state that it does not have private beach access.

KT-Did you miss this. Noticed you did not comment on this great find by whitesys..

This rendering came from the same folks that are listed on www.redfishvillage.com. Looney Kiss Ricks Architect. Is this coincidental or is this some work they were doing for redfish too?

This should be sent to the local gov for any future phone conversations they have with Holland & Knight. Who is Holland & Knight KT?

Thanks Whitesys for the info. Do you have anymore Exhibits you can post?

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
You are correct about lot #2 being closer to Redfish Village(RV) than lot #1, but I think there is a difference in perception for a person standing on RV main property. When standing on the main parcel of RV and looking down Sand Dunes Rd or Gulf Point Rd at the homes on the Gulf, there is a perception that walking down that street would be the most direct route to access the beach, and there is a private, though not repaired, access at the end of Gulf Point Rd. When telling someone that they have to walk down 83, and turn the corner to the right, then access the beach to the left, not being able to see that access, will leave a quetion in people's mind as to how close it is.

the keycard will leave little to the imagination as to where their bathrooms/access are.

Kevin Thompson

Beach Lover
Dec 23, 2006
Edroedrog I am not sure I can ever remember having a conversation with someone in English and completely not understanding anything they say.

edroedrog

Beach Lover
Dec 15, 2006
Edroedrog I am not sure I can ever remember having a conversation with someone in English and completely not understanding anything they say.

That would be your response. You missed commenting on a post by whitesys.

Come on KT do not be so narrow minded. Please go back and read his post if you do not understand my post. Do you not even know the architect for this development? Get with the program my man.

What KT does not want everyone to know is that RFV did publish documents. The documents that they published is provided by whitesys in last nights post.

I can not believe I am having to explain this to you.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Am I the only one wondering why I didn't receive this map of the beach lot in my packet of Redfish Village Info.?

Edroedrog, are you attempting to tell us that you received the map in with your sales packet? What about you, whitesys? Or, is this a map of which they used in trying to describe their plans for the beach access, just as the sketches of the Redfish Village condos showed what they intended to build? Seeing this map means nothing to me and most other users on this board. Again, this topic has faded to who may be blatently lying or not, rather than the legal question of whether Redfish Village building the private access. It is obvious where your real thoughts are focused.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Now to more of your hypocrisy. VAGRANT IF YOU ARE SERVING A HIGHER PURPOSE AND BLAMING ME, BMBCA, SWCC, ANITA PAGE, RICHARD FOWLKES, PAT BLACKSHEAR NOW AND IN YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS FOR NOT FIGHTING THIS, WHY HAVEN'T YOU POSTED AS VIGOROUSLY (OR AT ALL?) ON THE NATUREWALK BEACH CLUB THREAD?
Beacuse I have learned from you how to be selfish.:rotfl:

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
edroe, your wish has come true. this is the second most viewed thread on the board, besides the 'favorite restaurants' thread. still, i'm not really sure what your stake is here, besides that of a concerned citizen. but, the quantity and fervor of your posts leads me to believe it is more than that.

So,
1. what exactly are you trying to acomplish here?
2. do you own property on Blue Mountain Road?
3. do you own property in Blue Mountain Beach?
3. are you a former employee of RFV?
4. do you hold a current reservation in RFV?

pretty simple yes or no answers will suffice, except for #1. i ask only because if your readers have a better idea of your involvement, it may be easier for them to understand your posts, and/or help you with your quest.

thanks in advance for your direct response.