• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JoshMclean

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I know several builders in Watercolor and have looked into having a home built. My father is a builder and I handle his payables so I know the costs to build around here. Builders waste a lot of time just to get qualified to build in Watercolor. Do you think that they do this because it is not profitable?:dunno:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I know of builders in Watercolor that are just making it even with some sales right now. I am sure in the past big profits were made but that was everywhere........ IMHO
I guess it just matters what subs you use and the price you paid for your lot.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I know several builders in Watercolor and have looked into having a home built. My father is a builder and I handle his payables so I know the costs to build around here. Builders waste a lot of time just to get qualified to build in Watercolor. Do you think that they do this because it is not profitable?:dunno:

Actually qualifying was never a problem and yes it is profitable or we would not build in Watercolor and the fact that we love the "community" also helps, but the red tape dealing with St Joe is a whole other issue and a very costly venture. That is my point.