• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
"40. Are You Picky About Spelling And Grammar?"

Mermy, the only folks I see that pick at your spllings nad gremmar are the ones that can't keep up with the debate that is swirling all around them but, of which, they lost the context of days ago.

1. It's "Mermaid" to you, please. I do not count you among my friends.
2. My signature line is a joke, one you do not understand, as evidenced by the way you commented on it. And no, I do not wish to explain it to you.
3. "Who" not "that," please. People are not inanimate objects and should never be referred to as such. (If we are to comment on grammar...)

As for the rest of your comment: I do not see any debate swirling around except that of your own creating. You indicated in your first post that you do not understand the hype about SoWal. All but one or two of us stated that we considered SoWal's beauty/atmosphere/attributes pleasing enough to us that we either wished to visit as often as possible or, better yet, live in SoWal. This must not be what you want to hear, since you quoted so many posts and argued back at them, some very rudely and immaturely.

I think it is you who have lost the context, and you who cannot keep up. You stated very clearly that you wanted help in understanding. We told you what our understanding was. You pointed out all the flaws in SoWal. We pointed out that we are aware of the flaws but they are not significant enough or daunting enough to make us throw in the towel and abandon SoWal. In response, you tell us "to grab our crotches and wake up." Wake yourself up, Sheep. The overwhelming sentiment on this board is that we like our beach community. It suits us, it makes us happy, and it fulfils something in us that it obviously does not in you.

Oviously our understanding does not mesh with your understanding. Maybe it's time to agree to disagree?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Wow Mermy. You are on your game this a.m.!:clap_1:

Thank you but I think it has more to falling for the bait. Again. I'm going to have to emblazon JohnR's post on my brain for future reference. :lol:

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Hey everyone, it's interesting to hear different opinions. It's how we challenge our own closely held beliefs. If the Sheep wants to graze on San Blase, that's ok. The Cape, barring a major hurricane, is a good place to invest. The Sheep can visit SoWal when he's needing his density fix.

ozbeachmom

Beach Lover
Feb 8, 2007
Kansas/miramar beach
We have been coming down each summer for 20 years. I have been to a lot of different beaches, and you can't beat SOWAL! We love the people, beaches! My children do not like to vacation anywhere else. We have taken them to many places with beaches ect and they always say the same thing, it's nice, but it isn't "Blue Mountain" or "Grayton"!

When it came to buy a second home, it was a no brainer where we would purchase! Kansas is our main home, but truth be told, our hearts and flip flops are in SOWAL!!

We are counting the days until we get to put our toes in the sand and build those family memories that last a lifetime!

Mr. Sheep, look past the condos, beautiful homes and take a look at the real picture!
It is a beautiful shade of blue and the sand is a white like you would not believe!! That is how my children describe there home away from home!

SO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to you our wooly little friend,:razz:

OZ

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
the less a troll is fed, the sooner they go away...

As for the rest of your comment: I do not see any debate swirling around except that of your own creating. You indicated in your first post that you do not understand the hype about SoWal. ......................
I think it is you who have lost the context, and you who cannot keep up. You stated very clearly that you wanted help in understanding. .................
:dunno: Mermaid..?.. TheSheep states very little clearly!

"the less a troll is fed, the sooner they go away..." - John R
CHOMP!..
images-4.jpg
images-2-1.jpg

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

CHOMP!..
images-4.jpg
images-2-1.jpg

I'll agree that the pseudo-academic, eggheaddy, overly flowerly, imprisoned-in-an-ivory tower prattle and prose seems designed to do nothing more than confuse the reader, but TheSheep's very clear in his distaste of SoWal. "I" think little of his opinion but heck, that's only "my" opinion, and I've lost interest in trying to convert him. I don't think he's sincere. ;-)

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

CHOMP!..
images-4.jpg
images-2-1.jpg

Where did you find a sheep on fire?:dunno:

Yum....lamb chops.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Where's Miss Kitty? :love: :dunno: That is the Gem of the Day!

Yes, and it is one I need to heed. But I am pulling an SJ and goofing off instead of cleaning my house. :lol: I will resort to messing around with a sheep before laundry it seems.