Revisiting SoWal

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by TheSheep, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

on the other hand joho, I was driving in Pt Washington where they just paved the E Pt Wash Road where a new development is going in. we drove through the development which was previously nothing but pristine woods and swamp. now it has asphalt roads which lead through an expansive area which has been totally wiped clean of any and all trees and shrub. the road sits so far up from the rest of the land its obviously filled to the brim with fill dirt, and the entire area was swamp. I was just devastated to see this in my own neighborhood. we are surrounded by state forest. Pt Wash is a forest. and an entire section has been leveled to build lord knows what kind of housing. I'm:pissed:

2. joho

joho Beach Fanatic

My heart goes out to you sister:wub:

3. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

but, I loved your little report, and I know that everything will be fine in sowal. except the swamps...

4. CPort

CPort Beach Fanatic

I get upset too when trees are cut especially clear cut 4 a subdivision. :sosad: It must be unbelievable to live there joho!! It's funny I was just thinking this am what it would be lkie to just get to stay a month down there,much less live there!!!:drool: :bicycle: :chill: :D :D

5. joho

joho Beach Fanatic

All you have to do is pack the Griswald mobile and put it in "Drive" ;-)

6. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

Ya' think, Johhny, being a REALTOR and all, ya' think that the Cape and TheSheep are trying to attract your market?

I mean outside of your ego revolving around your planetary head, and your vast knowledge of TheSheep and the Cape's real estate market, ya' tink that is why I am here?

Did you take anytime to read any of the thread before you came blastng with your guns as if you had? No? Imagine that, a thin, artificial, self-indulged "mirror friendly" Realtor, who da thunk it.

Go sell your overpriced home, Johhny......if you can. :shock:

7. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

:sosad:

8. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

Nope, Russkies luv veal. :nono1:

9. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

Appreciate the answer, best to you. :clap_1:

10. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

:clap_1:

11. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

NumberOne thing to do in Cape San Blas = ramming. :rolling:

12. mf

mf Banned

sheep. surprised nobody else ever brought this up and that there should be such an outrage about your post.

that's same question we got from many visiting friends who we took around to shop for homes. because they're from the city (nyc, natch! & london visitors too! looking for second homes and future retirement-trying to get them away from south florida..ewwwwww), they were hoping for natural beauty and were willing to put up with the remoteness for a bit of space and nature. as far as the "seaside/watercolor/alys beach" developments, they didn't get it at all. of course they raved about the beach though! just felt like it was a better place to visit from time to time than invest in. lots of folks actually buying country homes instead. personally, i couldn't handle that weather!

we bought here and we love it, but we did buy a house that has a modicom of space between neighbors. frankly, i don't need a yard, but the hubby is funny about it.

i'm not offended by differing opinions or public wondering about stuff. i don't think you have an agenda or were trying to pick a fight at all! dunno why other people would think so negatively!

wish others would think better of folks and enjoy differing opinions :) they're not dangerous you know :)

13. mf

mf Banned

p.s. even in the city they had the sense to preserve 843 acres for public space-in the center of the island. it's called central park and it's 6% of the total land mass of manhattan.

oh- and golf courses and military land are not "public spaces"

more houses is not what makes housing valuable. quality of life, infrastructure and public spaces do. it's a good deal for the developers too. less investment- higher return - more tax breaks. but that's for folks who like to do less work and make a profit :)

14. seacrestkristi

seacrestkristi Beach Fanatic

I like it, I :wub: it. Different takes on what's happenin' in Sowal. :clap_1: Tootsie, I :wub: your little dino 'tar. Too precious! Also, your vacation idea above sounds sooo relaxing. I didn't quote it so it could stay more secret? ;-) Does anybody ever go to the springs? Like Morrison and Ponce de Leon Park? :D Wouldn't it be the bomb diggity to have a piece of land in the country with a little spring on it? :wub: Well, yes it would... :cool:

15. TheSheep

TheSheep Beach Fanatic

I'm with you, Babe, kool is 2 kold foor me.

My ewe got shot at, OK, not shot like a gun, OK, not a gun, OK like in a dirty look, OK, this 9 yo glanced at her. :dunno: