• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
It seems to me only common sense that if you post an opinion on a board full of enthusiasts and your opinion runs contrary to that of the majority, you might run into a few disagreements.

I, for example, wouldn't hop onto a Harley Davidson board and tell them that they're spending too much money on their Hogs, that they could get a perfectly good Schwinn and what are they thinking! Nor would I pretend surprise if they came back at me with assertions that I was misguided in my opinion.

So I'm not fooled by this sheep who comes into our pasture and plaintively asks us to explain what the SoWal hype is all about because he doesn't understand and truly wants to. What I think this sheep-in-wolf's-clothing wants is to get us all steamed up under the collar. He knows we rise to the bait so easily when our regard for SoWal is challenged. We must be very entertaining to him.

BTW, all the above is strictly my opinion and you can make of it what you will. Agree or not. I won't whine if it doesn't meet your expectations.

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Mermy, I agree.

But I usually tend to agree with my "school girl parking lot" friends.:rotfl: And our shool boy friends too.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Mermy, I agree.

But I usually tend to agree with my "school girl parking lot" friends.:rotfl: And our shool boy friends too.

:funn: ....hey buddy wuddy, see you in the Publix parking lot at 6:00!!!

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
WTF is within my post. My post was from a historical perspective. I thought that Miss Kitty was the most bizarre poster on here until I saw yours.

It is expected, rather than looking at things SoWal from TheSheep's perspective, which btw is the perspective of the typical non SoWal resident, that residents will take offense first, logic second. :dunno:

Thank you so kindly Miss Kitty. :eek:

If ever I looked so dull, note no shoes. A sheep with no heels is just another SoWal ewe.

One need nt go to a deserted anywhere to find these same atributes of the water you describe.

TheSheep has traveled here, there, anysomewhere. There are a zillion places so not SoWal.

Rather not, I'd say. I will have to come to SoWal quite often, mof. Choosing to live there isn yet another platter of sheepdip.

I do not critisize nor applaud your loyalty and living in SoWal, I am trying to understand it.

Then either

1) update your eyeglasses
2) take two of <insert> and STFU
3) drop being opinionated?
4) stop talking to all of your buddy wuddies and talk directly to me when youhave something credible to say.

Then again, perhaps you are from the schoolgirl-parking lot mentality. :dunno: You know, when you talk to your schooly girl and boyfriends about who hates who and let's certainly agree on this! Strength in numbers, right.

:D

:puke:

Really?

What if you could do the very same thing for 1/10th the money?

Yes, all is not lost. Going back to my original post, obviously there are a lot of people who wish this lifestyle of high density and inflated real estate values.

Not to say that there is no redeeming values, there are, I only asking what are they to those that live or habitit frequently.

Sure. Where will you find discourse of opinion if not where that opinion originates? Where is learning if not from the Learned. Where is your booze bottle, find it, it calls for you.:rotfl:

The crux of my post. Communityh? Is that what drives people to live on topof each other and overpay for the privilidge?

I don't think so, I don't sense a great deal of "community" going on. :sosad:

I perceive all of those overdeveloped but most inhabitants live there with no choice. They are tied there economically.

Few are tied to SoWal for job purposes.

You have described Alpharetta GA perfectly sans beach.

TheSheep admits to Cheep
Looking for value not skin deep
Upon examination of prices
TheSheep has found not enough vices
To give up his wool and fukk the rhyming. :eek:

Methinks TheSheep needs some serious couch time.
Methinks TheSheep needs to learn to multi-quote.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
It seems to me only common sense that if you post an opinion on a board full of enthusiasts and your opinion runs contrary to that of the majority, you might run into a few disagreements.

I, for example, wouldn't hop onto a Harley Davidson board and tell them that they're spending too much money on their Hogs, that they could get a perfectly good Schwinn and what are they thinking! Nor would I pretend surprise if they came back at me with assertions that I was misguided in my opinion.

So I'm not fooled by this sheep who comes into our pasture and plaintively asks us to explain what the SoWal hype is all about because he doesn't understand and truly wants to. What I think this sheep-in-wolf's-clothing wants is to get us all steamed up under the collar. He knows we rise to the bait so easily when our regard for SoWal is challenged. We must be very entertaining to him.

BTW, all the above is strictly my opinion and you can make of it what you will. Agree or not. I won't whine if it doesn't meet your expectations.
Mermaid,
This is a very good analogy! :clap_1:

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Mermy, I agree.

Yeah well, my boyfriend can kick your boyfriends butt! :rotfl:

:funn: ....hey buddy wuddy, see you in the Publix parking lot at 6:00!!!

Hey, while I was sneaking a smoke in the girls room. I heard you stuff your bra!!! :funn:

:roll::D

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Everything changes and that can be very disappointing but you don't have to be mean about it.....baaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I've been in sowal for 52 years and I'm not going to be negative about the changes. Atlanta has changed even more since I grew up here. It happens. I am thankful for people who have worked to make the changes responsible. There are not always people doing that and I have never helped at all. The Friends of Grayton group lead by Bet Haines worked hard to keep condos off the beach. :bow: We can all try to do more to make positive changes. :love:
:razz: You lucky lady. It's so refreshing to see a lady proud of her years. :roll: I went to Norcross and Chamblee. Woo, that city has grown since I left in the 70's, and I will always love that city. :love:
You are so right when you say how thankful we should all be for for those folks who do :clap_1: keep high rises off the beach, etc. I'm the first to admit I'm guilty too. I do make a smashing bag lady though. :blink: