• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I haven't checked my mail all week...the traffic: vehicular, bicycle, kids, and oblivious adults......it's too much. the mail will have to wait. When will they leave??????:dunno:

soon i hope! dr. skunky had it right...tell them there are free food and drinks elsewhere! ugh...i don't want to fight that crowd!

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Although the crowds are really driving me crazy this year, I keep reminding myself that in that crowd are the people renting our house this week, which allows us to pay for the hurricane insurance and property taxes!

The spring crowds do seem to be larger and louder this year for some reason.

I haven't checked my mail all week...the traffic: vehicular, bicycle, kids, and oblivious adults......it's too much. the mail will have to wait. When will they leave??????:dunno:

I have a daily panic attack driving into Seaside to work lately. All the meandering pedestrians and bicyclists make me a nervous wreck. I think brain function stops for some when they're on vacation.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I have a daily panic attack driving into Seaside to work lately. All the meandering pedestrians and bicyclists make me a nervous wreck. I think brain function stops for some when they're on vacation.

:clap_1: :funn: Okay, my brain shuts down, but I do not leave the beach so no harm to anyone else!!

[/B]

:clap_1: :funn: Okay, my brain shuts down, but I do not leave the beach so no harm to anyone else!!

I should have added "Not anyone here one sowal.com, though." ;-)
And I'm just jealous that I'm working and can't let my brain shut down.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Although the crowds are really driving me crazy this year, I keep reminding myself that in that crowd are the people renting our house this week, which allows us to pay for the hurricane insurance and property taxes!

The spring crowds do seem to be larger and louder this year for some reason.

This is so true...in fact, I think I spotted our renters in that pic! ;-) This is turning out to be a strong rental season for us for both Spring and Summer.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I should have added "Not anyone here one sowal.com, though." ;-)
And I'm just jealous that I'm working and can't let my brain shut down.

But you are working in paradise!!

Your tar is sooooo adorable. I smile everytime I see your post.:D What a cutie!!:love:

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
P4030003sm.jpg

This evening, west bound traffic on 30A was backed up almost all the way from Seaside to Cassine Gardens. I cannot believe that NatureWalk will be allowed to add more traffic to the future Beach Club. I think Seaside might have surpassed July 4 weekend crowds this week. All indicators show that this year will be extremely busy for SoWal vacationers.

Holy Cow! It was only half as busy as that last Tuesday when we cycled over to listen to Jones & Company. Those people are packed in like sardines. Last week there was enough room on the lawn for a whole bunch of kids (and a few adults ;-) ) to make a congo line. It was the most adorable thing you ever saw. I don't think that happened last night!