• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Recd this today re: my e-mail to the county commisioners

I wanted to take time to respond to your concerns, as stated at the Board of County Commissioners meeting, unfortunately, sometimes it is not my job to "like or dislike things", it is my obligation to apply the law, as it is, - not as it should be. That being said, there are many times that the obligation to uphold our rules and represent the views of our citizens becomes very difficult, if not impossible. I can confidently assure you that I carefully and intently took the Seagrove residents concerns into consideration, and urged the property owners to meet and have dialogue to reach compromise where possible. In the end, I made my decision based on the rules and policies of our county. Sometimes I wish it were easy as opinion, rather than legal matters. I have always tried to be consistent, and work for a solution that everyone accepts, sometimes that does not happen. I am sorry you feel the way you do, as I know that you care deeply for your community, I understand and appreciate that fact. I hope this offers you some explanation, and I would be glad to talk with you about this matter or any other matter anytime you desire. Again, thank you for your time, and it is a pleasure to serve you.

Sincerely,

Scott Brannon

Commissioner Scott Brannon, District One
Walton County Board of County Commissioners
19367 US Hwy 331 South
Freeport, Fl 32439
(850) 835-4860 phone
(850) 835-4836 fax
brascott@co.walton.fl.us

Sandestin Bum

Beach Comber
May 7, 2006
I am glad Mr. Brannon took the time to respond. They are in a tough position to balance the law with public opinion and frankly, can not understand why they take on the challenge.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
If he really applied the law, that project, as proposed, would not have been approved. There was a way for NatureWalk to make it work, but they blew it in my opinion.

I am surprised to see that he even replied. The other County Commissioners don't even reply, even for pats on the back. I would at least have an outgoing automated email acknowledging that they received my email.

Busta Hustle

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2007
Applying the law as it is? I've been to several meetings and have constantly heard from commissioners that the law is to vague and therefore ignored. I wonder why the attorney for the county quit? Perhaps his legal advice for what the law says fell on deaf ears to many times. Is a zoning/landuse CHANGE that allows infill applying the law as it is?

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
And this is exactly - work for word - the same email response I got today regarding the email I sent.

Excuse me but Mr Brannon, it's getting mighty deep in here!!!!!! Rules and policies of this county - are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?

Recd this today re: my e-mail to the county commisioners

I wanted to take time to respond to your concerns, as stated at the Board of County Commissioners meeting, unfortunately, sometimes it is not my job to "like or dislike things", it is my obligation to apply the law, as it is, - not as it should be. That being said, there are many times that the obligation to uphold our rules and represent the views of our citizens becomes very difficult, if not impossible. I can confidently assure you that I carefully and intently took the Seagrove residents concerns into consideration, and urged the property owners to meet and have dialogue to reach compromise where possible. In the end, I made my decision based on the rules and policies of our county. Sometimes I wish it were easy as opinion, rather than legal matters. I have always tried to be consistent, and work for a solution that everyone accepts, sometimes that does not happen. I am sorry you feel the way you do, as I know that you care deeply for your community, I understand and appreciate that fact. I hope this offers you some explanation, and I would be glad to talk with you about this matter or any other matter anytime you desire. Again, thank you for your time, and it is a pleasure to serve you.

Sincerely,

Scott Brannon

Commissioner Scott Brannon, District One
Walton County Board of County Commissioners
19367 US Hwy 331 South
Freeport, Fl 32439
(850) 835-4860 phone
(850) 835-4836 fax
brascott@co.walton.fl.us

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Well, after seeing only the first one, I could have told you that it was a form letter. What is even better is that I bet his secretary wrote it for him.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I am glad Mr. Brannon took the time to respond. They are in a tough position to balance the law with public opinion and frankly, can not understand why they take on the challenge.

For some, it is about service. For others, it is all done for power and money.

Last edited: