• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal
Well, oddly enough, this is where I had dinner tonight. I like the place and agree with OL that the prices are reasonable. Especially the drink prices - lots of frozen layered specialty drinks and I think they charge about $5.50. Yes, it's an overly commercial chain but the food & atmosphere are fun - pretty much the best thing that ever happened to downtown Des Plaines, IL

I can't believe this - I had dinner there Friday night as well with a friend from Mt Prospect. Love the mini cheeseburgers. We were at a booth in the bar from about 7-10.

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
I hate to say this, but if it weren't for SYSCO, half the restaurants in the country would close up.

Not complaining, just commenting.:blush:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I hate to say this, but if it weren't for SYSCO, half the restaurants in the country would close up.

Not complaining, just commenting.:blush:

If you are talking about their cheap condiments, bulk supplies, etc, I agree. But it just sticks in my craw that so many people are eating junk prepared at some point in the remote past, and paying for a product as if it were freshly prepared. Let the buyer beware!:yikes:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Skunky, It would amaze people to find out how much stuff they prepare in assembly line kitchens, store by freezing, sealing whatever and then the various food service places re-heat the stuff and sell it as made on site. While this tactic may be acceptable for mass food service such as chools, hospitals, etc. I find it sickening to know that "restaurants" do this.

I have a friend that is a "Chef" for them and that is what he does all day long.

Check out the SYSCO web site.:yikes:

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I can't believe this - I had dinner there Friday night as well with a friend from Mt Prospect. Love the mini cheeseburgers. We were at a booth in the bar from about 7-10.

Wow, what a small world!

Small world, indeed! Beachlover, you must have been 10 feet away from me and I never knew it. I was at a table off to the side of the bar and I kept having to get up and shut the door to the patio which kept getting stuck open. I was on a blind date and at one point in time, one of my girlfriends from work came in and pretended she and her boyfriend just happened to stop in - "what a coincidence that you are here!!!!!!." It was too funny. I had mentioned to her that I was meeting him there and she wanted to make sure he wasn't an ax murderer!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
When we were in Asheville this winter we happened upon a Cheeseburger in Paradise and had a great meal with the kids. I had a salad that was excellent. It was fun, good food and reasonable.
I;ve eaten at that one in Asheville, too, and thought the sweet tater fries and Cuban Sandwich were great, as was service. With all of the daquiri and beach feel, that restaurant seems a bit out of place in Asheville.

lindatat

quirty
Jul 14, 2005
Too far from the beach (Chicago 'Burbs)
I;ve eaten at that one in Asheville, too, and thought the sweet tater fries and Cuban Sandwich were great, as was service. With all of the daquiri and beach feel, that restaurant seems a bit out of place in Asheville.

It's out of place for Des Plaines, too, but I think that's why I like it.

J.bean

Beach Comber
Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
I ate at the one in Vegas. I remember liking the fries a lot, maybe even more than my cheeseburger. There were plenty of choices on the menu.