• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Jordano's must get rave reviews because it's right across from camping on the gulf. i was in jordano's for the broasted chicken. excellent, prepared while you wait. while waiting, owner brought out two samples of pizza for an incoming family. they must have weighed 10# each, and were at least 4" tall. he closes his sandwich bar early, so i can't comment on his subs.

donut hole is great. try it and make your own determination. definitely cheaper than another broken egg. $$

big kahuna, definitely worth it, after going there, you'll be glad you did. they serve food(panhandle's mover of more fried chicken than anywhere), but it's pricey. not sure if you can bring your own stuff in, but i would. mellow mushroom right down the street.

bayou bill's, go early, way early. kids will have a blast.

fudpuckers, haven't been since i've lived here.

We love the sandwiches at Jordano's. Haven't been to any of the other places, John listed except for Fudpuckers. I think this is the place with alligators. Ok if you have kids, especially small ones since they have tv's at some tables with cartoons on.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Whale's Tail is great for the deck overlooking the Gulf and it's casual. Breakfast is good--and grouper sandwiches are good. But, I like it for the ability to sit and watch the waves, especially at sunset. It is a quick, cheap place for a bit with a view.

jlee745

Beach Comber
May 16, 2007
We were mainly going to Fudpuckers for the gators and I love their tshirts. Does anyone know the store hours for Shrimpers?

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Where is Shrimper's please? :dunno:
:welcome: jlee745!
I just had the yummiest shrimp dinner in Jax for $11.95 at a place called Gene's with like 18 shrimp on it. Just in case anyone is going to Jax for anything. :dunno:
How much is Shrimpers shrimp dinner? Is it down home or upscale? Do they fry shrimp right, lightly floured? It's just not right when the batter just falls off revealing an overcooked rubbery shrimp. That's what happened to us at Bayou Bill's on 98. The one by Winn Dixie though, the steamed dinner was good.
We tried that Hunt's Oyster Bar, Kurt was talkin' about in another thread, in PC and it was really good. I love those kinda down home places. Those steamed oysters rocked my flip flops off. :love: Plus who doesn't love a loud old timey jukebox :dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
they are often late, 7 p.m. sometimes, but I would call to be sure before you go.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
John R is right about the location of Jordano's being the key for the Camping on the Gulf RV park, located across the street. The pizza is average.

Donut Hole is great, though you will find the breakfast prices higher than the lunch prices, but you can get a burger for breakfast like I do. ;-)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Where is Shrimper's please? :dunno:
:welcome: jlee745!
I just had the yummiest shrimp dinner in Jax for $11.95 at a place called Gene's with like 18 shrimp on it. Just in case anyone is going to Jax for anything. :dunno:
How much is Shrimpers shrimp dinner? Is it down home or upscale? Do they fry shrimp right, lightly floured? It's just not right when the batter just falls off revealing an overcooked rubbery shrimp. That's what happened to us at Bayou Bill's on 98. The one by Winn Dixie though, the steamed dinner was good.
We tried that Hunt's Oyster Bar, Kurt was talkin' about in another thread, in PC and it was really good. I love those kinda down home places. Those steamed oysters rocked my flip flops off. :love: Plus who doesn't love a loud old timey jukebox :dunno:
Shrimpers is a fresh seafood store, (not a restaurant) on hwy 98 near Mussett Bayou Road - look for the cafe provence sign if traveling east and the flags and red letters on a white bulding if heading west.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We were mainly going to Fudpuckers for the gators and I love their tshirts. Does anyone know the store hours for Shrimpers?

And you are aware of what the Fudpucker's t-shirts say? As in lots of plays on the f-word? :dunno:

We went once- never again. Filthy. The alligators do absolutely nothing but look dead.

I would knock this place off your list for sure!