• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
kathydwells said:
Anywhere where I could get fresh raw oysters everyday!!!!

Kathy- you can get a job at Hooters and eat raw oysters every day! Kentucky Oyster Eater says they are good!

And I bet you would have great stories to tell if you did.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
jdarg said:
Kathy- you can get a job at Hooters and eat raw oysters every day! Kentucky Oyster Eater says they are good!

I just have a few things to say on this subject...I am not in my teens or twenty's anymore....and let me tell you I am not as "perky" as I used to be. I don't think they would hire me. But, it was a nice thought. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:

Be careful when going to a restaurant where the focus is not on the food, esp. when eating raw foods.

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
I'm hearin' ya SJ! I guess the reason I love my oysters so much is my Uncle Mac used to bring back to Louisille burlap bags full of oysters from Appalachacola in coolers full of ice and all the men would go downstairs and take turns shuckin'. All us kids would be runnin' around like banshees' and occasionally they would offer us one. The kicker was you got to get a swallow or two off a bottle of beer if you ate one. They drank Falls City and Sterling, two of the local brews.
I like my oysters on a fresh saltine with a dab of Tabasco. I'm gettin' hungry. To heck with the family, I'm drivin' back down today!!! Don't I wish.....missin' the beach and the laid back atmosphere that is SoWal. KOE :bow:

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
Anywhere where I could get fresh raw oysters everyday!!!!
I likes the way you thinks! A woman after my own heart!!!!! Have you tried ''Hunts'' yet. I've heard from a very reliable source they are the best in the general area....in PCBeach I go to ''Dustys''.....perfect setting, well almost.....succulent oysters and super cold Budweisers!

NotnKansas

Beach Lover
Aug 3, 2006
SOWAL, FL
Borago's for sure. And the Taco Stand in seaside. We hit is up almost every day for 2 weeks - and are still not sick of it. :D

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
I got all excited and thought Moondance was back! :clap: Then I noticed the year of the thread. :sosad:

Whatever happended to Moondance?

I agree Skunky....let's go to Jdarg's every day to eat. :clap: