• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hate to say it (because they don't serve local oysters), but ACME at Sandestin makes what are, IMO, the best in the area. Village Market has some decent ones as well.

Haven't tried them at OFFH, but I imagine they're pretty good.

If you stop and think about it, considering it's a coastal area, there simply aren't enough places that serve them - at least as an entree.

native

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Pt Washington
Dusty's on front beach road in Panama City is "the Place" for any kind of oysters. They have great frog leggs too.:clap: :clap: :clap:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Second the recommendations for Dusty's and Seagrove Village Market. I've also enjoyed them at Shades on the Loop.

Of course, if you've got the time, drive to Apalachicola for the best.

Last edited:

KY oyster eater

Beach Lover
Jul 31, 2005
Louisville
Hate to say it (because they don't serve local oysters), but ACME at Sandestin makes what are, IMO, the best in the area. Village Market has some decent ones as well.

Haven't tried them at OFFH, but I imagine they're pretty good.

If you stop and think about it, considering it's a coastal area, there simply aren't enough places that serve them - at least as an entree.
So how is the service there at ACME. I went to the one there in a village, might be this one, and the servers were more interested in each other than the customers. Made for a very long meal. :sosad:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
So how is the service there at ACME. I went to the one there in a village, might be this one, and the servers were more interested in each other than the customers. Made for a very long meal. :sosad:

I usually sit at the counter and get served by the shuckers. But yeah, if you go anywhere in Baytowne Wharf during the height of the tourist season, I wouldn't expect attentive service.