• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2005
wow drsvelte, you and I had the same review. great guacamole...great prices...big portions...great and friendly staff. i had the beef tacos and my wife had the chicken fajita. i only eat mexican every 2 or 3 months in Az. but i will go to cantina laredo more often than that when in SoWal. :clap: :clap:

Childcare4u

Beach Lover
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
i dont know why everyone thinks cantina laredo is sos great...there food is very bland and doesnt have much flavor at all. Its a typical chain mex place. It doesnt even compare to cocos. Ill never go bak to cantina laredo. there was nothing good about it at all. each time we went and got the guacamole it had no taste what so ever. Even after u added salt and pepper it was stil missing a lot. Cocos all the way!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
i dont know why everyone thinks cantina laredo is sos great...there food is very bland and doesnt have much flavor at all. Its a typical chain mex place. It doesnt even compare to cocos. Ill never go bak to cantina laredo. there was nothing good about it at all. each time we went and got the guacamole it had no taste what so ever. Even after u added salt and pepper it was stil missing a lot. Cocos all the way!!

To each his or her own. That is what makes America great! I have to say that my review of Cantina Laredo was also great -- atmosphere, friendliness of staff, knowledge of staff, prices, menu choices, and food quality. I must not get out much because I've never eaten at a Mexican chain restaurant anything like Cantina Laredo. I think the closest place in comparison would be LaPaz, and the two are very different. I've eaten at CoCo's many times, and while CoCo's prices are much lower, IMO, so is the quality of the food and drinks. However, I will say that CoCo's has a great staff and the owners are really nice too.

Childcare4u

Beach Lover
Jul 1, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
well we just moved here from the midwest and there are sooo many mexican chains there and the decor in cantina laredo is nicer but the food is very similar. Im all about the little mexican stands that actually taste like the food is from mexico and i thought cocos was one of the best ive ever been to and ive been to a lot of little privately owned mexican joints..but hey we all have our own opinions and i respect that!

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If you're looking for hard core Mexican, I've heard good feedback on that place on 331 in Freeport, and Destin Taquerita, and there are also a couple other places in FWB that have sprung up to follow the immigrant construction workers. (There's a place in Mary Esther advertising beef tongue tacos and goat tacos for one)

We gave Cantina Laredo a try a couple weeks back, and we enjoyed it. They actually made me like my side of roast vegetables, the salsa was good, and almost everything was well-prepared for what it was. My complaint was that the chicken, though still edible had crossed the line to a little bit overcooked. Overall it was good, but for us, La Paz is more in line with our tastes and preferred price point.

afoodieslife

Beach Comber
Jul 21, 2007
sandestin
www.afoodieslife.com
Cantina Laredo was ok. I liked the food the couple times that I went but had bad experiences customer service wise. They were gracious enough to take a few things off the bill though. Hopefully, in time the kinks will be worked out service wise.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I've enjoyed the food at Cantina Laredo,though the service has always been rough but friendly. I do wish they would serve me the Botanas Platter the same way each time. A dozen visits and a dozen differences. No beef bite on the kabob, no cheese in the poppers, no poppers...etc.. As for Coco's....ho-hum... overpriced and boring..service was no great shakes either, rarely have I been so effectively ignored by a waitstaff. Can anyone suggest a restaurant anywhere in the panhandle where nachos are made correctly by putting the cheese dip on the nacho chips and then baking in the oven? I've tried a score of Mexican restaurants from PC to Shalimar and all use bland grated cheese that's barely melted. Carnitas tacos at El Chaparal (sp) in Fort Walton on Beal. Taco's at Destin Taqueria and Valentino's? or whatever it is called ..the block place..at 331 are so-so. I do love the hand made tortillas at 331 though. Don Pedro's steak tacos are the tastiest in the area imho...served as they say there "mexican style".

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Can anyone suggest a restaurant anywhere in the panhandle where nachos are made correctly by putting the cheese dip on the nacho chips and then baking in the oven?
I bet you can get some of those, less the baking in the oven part, at the SW High School football games this fall. Of course, you must first get past the plastic they sell as cheese.