• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Brooks

Beach Crab
Aug 23, 2007
I live in Atlanta and looking to buy in WaterSound Beach. Can anyone give me insight into this development? Amenities, Developer, long term return on investment etc.

We are looking to build our second home and love the beauty of the beach, dunes etc. I would love to get others opinion on how WaterSound compares to other developments on 30a.

egrp

Beach Lover
Sep 22, 2005
probably the "nicest" (watersound beach...watersound is different) on 30A...pretty exclusive...ROI has been great unless you bought in 05 and are trying to sale now...probably some pretty good deals in there.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
:welcome: Brooks!

As a WaterSound Beach owner, I would strongly suggest buying only a lot or home that has a Beach Club membership that will be conveyed at closing (membership runs with the home, not the owner). The Beach Club has been hotly debated here (search previous threads), but is at present highly desireable, both for current use and for added resale value.

If you buy a lot or home that does not currently have a Beach Club membership, your property has no ability to join in the future, for any amount of money. While St. Joe has been known the change policies, the company has held to this rule against much uproar from those who have wanted to join the Club since the February, 2006 deadline.

Some Realtors in the area are still not aware of this and do not alert buyers that the absense of a Beach Club membership may adversely affect the value of the property, now and in the future.:shock:

That said, you will love WaterSound Beach! :love: :love:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
WaterSound Beach is one of the prettiest pieces of property on the planet, and adjoins Deer Lake State Park so it will always have that going for it. The developer is the St. Joe Company - www.joe.com.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
I live in Atlanta and looking to buy in WaterSound Beach. Can anyone give me insight into this development? Amenities, Developer, long term return on investment etc.

No one in WaterSound Beach can give you accurate information on the "long term return on investment" (unless you count your terms in months vs years).

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
ATL & Seacrest
WaterSound Beach is one of the prettiest pieces of property on the planet, and adjoins Deer Lake State Park so it will always have that going for it. The developer is the St. Joe Company - www.joe.com.

I so agree with this, but look out for what the HOA fees are or will become. From what I've heard they are on the extreme end.

Brooks

Beach Crab
Aug 23, 2007
there seems to be a lot for sale in WaterSound Beach. I know there is a lot for sale all over the panhandle, but does anyone have any idea it will take before they have the majoriy of homes build? Also, is this a good place for kids?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB
Mr. SHELLY, your name should be Mr. SUNSHINE.
No one in WaterSound Beach can give you accurate information on the "long term return on investment" This is true, it is also true even if you buy gold,stocks, bonds, currency,pork bellies,are a load of crap. I can think of no other place better than the WaterSound Beach area. We have a nice lot across the lake from WaterSound ( Unless Mr. SUNSHINE has a better place for you to put your Money ) maby under a matress, in to Euros, or rent somthing you realy dont want to so you have no risk, or buy some land around the New International Airport thats never comming like I did.

Faith is believing in things yet unseen!!!

00seer00

Last edited:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Mr. SHELLY, your name should be Mr. SUNSHINE.
No one in WaterSound Beach can give you accurate information on the "long term return on investment" This is true, it is also true even if you buy gold,stocks, bonds, currency,pork bellies,are a load of crap. I can think of no other place better than the WaterSound Beach area. We have a nice lot across the lake from WaterSound ( Unless Mr. SUNSHINE has a better place for you to put your Money ) maby under a matress, in to Euros, or rent somthing you realy dont want to so you have no risk, or buy some land around the New International Airport thats never comming like I did.

Faith is believing in things yet unseen!!!

00seer00

Amenn.