• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Vacation Places that You Really Enjoyed

New posts
I've been to most of the places listed above, and enjoyed every one of my vacations and visits (even visited the General Store in Luckenbach before attending a Willie Nelson concert at Floore's Country Store in Helotes, TX)....but out of all the places I've been to so far, I would recommend that everyone go see the Grand Canyon once in their life. Hands down, the most spectacular natural wonder of the world--that first glance is guaranteed to take your breath away. (Consider it as a possible sidetrip from Las Vegas if you're out that way.)

I'm not into that donkey, hiking, camping thing...I just stayed at the lodge to take in the view.
.

I absolutely agree with Shelly. I've always said that once you've seen the Grand Canyon, everything else is "just scenery".

Go to the North Rim. About 1/10 the crowds of the South Rim. And, if you're driving in from the west, you can stop off at Zion Nat'l Park, which is pretty nice scenery, too.
 
Thank you my cork friend!! ;-) We were on the way to the store for steaks (with a little pit stop at our local bar.:clap: :biggrin: ) He rode the other bike, a FatBoy!! I had so much fun!!!

There is Nothing like family!!!!!!

It rained like so much when I went, we weren't sure if we would be able to ride, but we found the right time!!:D

You two are such daredevils :wub:

I've been to most of the places listed above, and enjoyed every one of my vacations and visits (even visited the General Store in Luckenbach before attending a Willie Nelson concert at Floore's Country Store in Helotes, TX)....but out of all the places I've been to so far, I would recommend that everyone go see the Grand Canyon once in their life. Hands down, the most spectacular natural wonder of the world--that first glance is guaranteed to take your breath away. (Consider it as a possible sidetrip from Las Vegas if you're out that way.)

I'm not into that donkey, hiking, camping thing...I just stayed at the lodge to take in the view.
.

Ooh ooh, me too! Is on my list to do!

I am so glad you said this Shelly. It is what I've been thinking for a while now. I've never been and I think this has got to be my #1 goal in the next year....well, aside from the soiree...:biggrin:

Sowal road trip? I'm game. Have always wanted to do a hot air balloon over the canyon!
 
SoWal, of course!

Places I've vacationed that I'd like to return to, in no particular order:
Rome, Florence, Cortona
Barcelona (Hotel Arts)
Monte Carlo
Luzern, Switzerland
Amsterdam (Amstel Hotel)
M?nchen (Bayerischerhof Hotel)
Paris
Tokyo and Osaka (Ritz Carlton)
Bermuda
Maui (Four Seasons Hotel)
Lake Tahoe
New York City (max out on Broadway productions )
The Cloister at Sea Island
The Greenbrier
La Jolla
New Orleans
 
Last edited:
You two are such daredevils :wub:



Ooh ooh, me too! Is on my list to do!



Sowal road trip? I'm game. Have always wanted to do a hot air balloon over the canyon!

I'm totally game too.....except for the hot air balloon part...:eek: I'll wave atcha from the ground:wave: :wub:
 
As I'm plummeting to the ground? :floor: How cool would that be for sowal to go to the canyon. I know she's working on acheiving her move to Florida but just maybe if it worked out, I could take Ali. :wub: I know she would love to see it.

Yeah, something like that..:funn:
It would be sooo cool to do this trip. Ali and I have talked about it before. Maybe in the spring, we could make it happen! :clap:
 
I absolutely agree with Shelly. I've always said that once you've seen the Grand Canyon, everything else is "just scenery".

Go to the North Rim. About 1/10 the crowds of the South Rim. And, if you're driving in from the west, you can stop off at Zion Nat'l Park, which is pretty nice scenery, too.


I would also recommend that you make the trip in Spring or Fall after the tourist season. We threw a blanket down and had a picnic on an outcropping of rocks with the Canyon as a backdrop--no one around and blissful silence. Oddly, my mind had to keep telling my eyes that the beauty and the colors of the Canyon were real and not some backdrop painting from a movie set...:shock: ...sounds a bit strange if you haven't experienced it.

Once you've seen it for yourself, then go again a second time....but take someone that has never been and see it again for the first time through their eyes.

.
 
Last edited:
I would also recommend that you make the trip in Spring or Fall after the tourist season. We threw a blanket down and had a picnic on an outcropping of rocks with the Canyon as a backdrop--no one around and blissful silence. Oddly, my mind had to keep telling my eyes that the beauty and the colors of the Canyon were real and not some backdrop painting from a movie set...:shock: ...sounds a bit strange if you haven't experienced it.

Once you've seen it for yourself, then go again a second time....but take someone that has never been and see it again for the first time through their eyes.

.

All right--that's it!!! Book it Cork!! :clap:
 
All right--that's it!!! Book it Cork!! :clap:

I'm ready. Wonder whats the best way to do it? Anybody got thoughts on renting a motor home for a week? We could share the expenses, cook out etc. Also any cabins in a national park or something?

We can't wait too long baby, I've got my sight on sailing around the world. ;-) Got my first sailing certification a couple of weeks ago and have the next one booked for end of the month. :wave: :floor:
 
I'm ready. Wonder whats the best way to do it? Anybody got thoughts on renting a motor home for a week? We could share the expenses, cook out etc. Also any cabins in a national park or something?

We can't wait too long baby, I've got my sight on sailing around the world. ;-) Got my first sailing certification a couple of weeks ago and have the next one booked for end of the month. :wave: :floor:

Ok....just tell me when and where...I'll start checking on it too. Congrats on your cert!!! I love that you're gonna do this, and FTLOG, take a computer with so we can follow along!! :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top