• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worry!

New posts
Ok, the smart @ss in me can?t help but suggest we start with Origin of Species, by Charles Darwin.

Bad timmy.....Bad Timmy............:pissed:
 
Well, I hate to open a big ?ole can of worries here but the following question must be asked:

Before you heave all of your earthy worries out the window in favor of prayer; what deity are you advocating praying to?

A Catholic version of Jesus?, A fundamentalist version of Jesus? A Mormon version of Jesus?, Jahweeh?, Zeus?, Ahura Mazda?, Thor?, Shiva?, Ganesh?

Or are they all equally acceptable?

Does the possibility that you might be praying to the wrong deity cause concern? Anxiety? Worry?


I may be missing something here, but by definition, there is only one God and to have more than one would change the definition, would it not? :idontno:
 
Does the possibility that you might be praying to the wrong deity cause concern? Anxiety? Worry?



Oh no, Uncle Timmy. I don't have to worry. I am absolutely, positively sure! I know in my heart that there is only 1 way to thee Father -- Jesus -- and it causes me great joy to know whom I have trusted!!!


 
The comment is only unkind if not taken as a challenge but an insult. Tonight after watching Jeopardy, and getting the final Jeopardy question right for the 54th time in a row, you'll go to bed wondering about the same unanswerable question we all ask. Does Alex Trebeck still live with his mother??

:floor: :floor:

Now all I can think about is "Pyscho". "Norman!!" :eek:
 
That's anthropomorphism. A logical theist believes that he is defined by God, not the other way around.

But I don't recall any god or deity showing up to explain things, they tend to work thru messiahs, no?

Isn't a messiah anthropomorphic, by definition?
 
I doubt it. Libertarian candidates typically believe that marijuana should be legalized. While many users of prayer weed are very thoughtful and active, there are many who are so unmotivated that when election day rolls around, they never make it to the polls.
R U serious? Maybe 'they' need a wake up call.;-) :idontno:

Like "special" brownies?
:D

NoHall is right. The only snacks which would get that large segment out to the polls is to offer PrayerWeed Brownies at the voter registration place and at the polls. Every pothead in America would come out to vote, but the gov't would need to pass out the PrayerWeed Brownies AFTER, they registration for voter's card, and AFTER they voted.
:D

Prayerweed Brownies washed down by Karlrove Koolaid.
Does Karl know Dwight too? :D

Or Scooby Snacks out of the back of the Mystery Machine.... Rot, Row Raggy! :rolling:
:lol:
Since that many people are worrying about Hillary getting elected, perhaps they should stay home and pray and not go to the polls. :idontno:
:leaving: :leaving: :leaving:
 
A question for Barb....Barb, I am curious about how you ended up on this board. :idontno:



A dear friend told me about this site. (Asking very lovingly)...do you not want me here? I'll go if you all want me to go.
 
Oh no, Uncle Timmy. I don't have to worry. I am absolutely, positively sure! I know in my heart that there is only 1 way to thee Father -- Jesus -- and it causes me great joy to know whom I have trusted!!!

Uh huh. Which Jesus?

Catholic?
Mormon?
Fundamentalist Christian?

I'm so glad these complexities don't worry you.
 
A dear friend told me about this site. (Asking very lovingly)...do you not want me here? I'll go if you all want me to go.

Don't worry. We want everybody here, just be prepared to take heat AND dish it out.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top