• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Re: AUCTION - Palmeira Villas of Seagrove Beach - NEW published minimum bid of $750,0

That's the biggest problem with Florida's sagging RE market....the only folks left out there with the means/credit to buy, are folks who can knowledgeably and logically crunch the numbers. Only after the numbers start making sense, will the markets begin to move in a meaningful way.

That is what is selling. If the numbers work it gets gobbled up pretty quick!

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Re: AUCTION - Palmeira Villas of Seagrove Beach - NEW published minimum bid of $750,0

That is what is selling. If the numbers work it gets gobbled up pretty quick!

I'm just a Master of the Obvious. :cool:

P.A.G.

Beach Lover
Jan 9, 2007

The seller will absolutely sell the property if the minimum bids (reserves) that we have published are met.

trying2makeabuc

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2007

Com'on guys and gals. Why you picking on poor P.A.G.? Auctions used in this market are a gimmick. They aren't cheating anybody. Yes, they are charging a higher rate but who's fault is that? My broker told me 6%. I told him 5%. He said OK. If someone pays 10% for the perceived value of selling quickly, let 'em. That is not unethical. The seller is just dumb.

Are the people complaining real estate folks with sour grapes?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005

I'm not a RE person <surprise!>, I have issues with any 'open house' that doesn't provide snacks.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007

Snacks? Did somebody say snacks?
:popcorn:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

I bet several potential buyers left a few auctions feeling cheated when they found out that the auctions had reserves. Not only was there money wasted on a trip to the auction, but there was also time wasted. I'm not sure which auction company it was that was bosting their minimum opening bid, but it was not a price which the seller would accept. When auctions are absolute w/o reserves, you will see buyers buying.
Com'on guys and gals. Why you picking on poor P.A.G.? Auctions used in this market are a gimmick. They aren't cheating anybody. Yes, they are charging a higher rate but who's fault is that? My broker told me 6%. I told him 5%. He said OK. If someone pays 10% for the perceived value of selling quickly, let 'em. That is not unethical. The seller is just dumb.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

I'm not a RE person <surprise!>, I have issues with any 'open house' that doesn't provide snacks.

I agree to this. If you are going to take the time to get the balloons you gotta pick up the snack! C'mon agents! No snack, no open house!

Joe Mammy

Beach Lover
Mar 26, 2007

You guys still don't get it. The BUYER pays the 10%. The seller pays an upfront marketing fee. It is a beautiful biz plan for the auctioneer who virtually pays nothing and has no risk.

PAG's upcoming auction features 11 of 15 properties with an advertised reserve. What more could a buyer ask for? He sees the absolute minimum the seller will accept, add 10% and then if he feels it is a deal he goes to the auction and bids. No time wasted. No leaving with burnt feelings. He's going to an auction where he knows the price going in.