• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Re: AUCTION - Palmeira Villas of Seagrove Beach - NEW published minimum bid of $750,0

http://thepremierauctiongroup.com/auction_list.php

Please take a look at our November 17, 2007 multi-property auction. You will find the WOW prices that you speak of.

Not sure about any of the other properties, but that condo in Watersound at $2 million plus a buyers premium of 10% isn't even close to a WOW price. The Watercolor house doesn't have a listed minimum, but it would need to be under $850k to have any WOW effect.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com
Re: AUCTION - Palmeira Villas of Seagrove Beach - NEW published minimum bid of $750,0

I guess what I don't understand is this:

If a seller is really motivated, and I mean super motivated,

And they MUST SELL,

then why wouldn't they just list their property with a Realtor at the lowest acceptable price they need?

If it's truly priced at a "Wow" price, then why would you even bother going through the complications of the auction process.

Does anyone agree with me that if it's bargain-priced to begin with, then it shouldn't need $10,000 worth of marketing?

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal

And they MUST SELL,

then why wouldn't they just list their property with a Realtor at the lowest acceptable price they need?

If it's truly priced at a "Wow" price, then why would you even bother going through the complications of the auction process.

Does anyone agree with me that if it's bargain-priced to begin with, then it shouldn't need $10,000 worth of marketing?
All factors being equal, does price matter if buyers sit on the sidelines?

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal

In the absence of buyers, does it not become ridiculous at some point?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005

And they MUST SELL,

Does anyone agree with me that if it's bargain-priced to begin with, then it shouldn't need $10,000 worth of marketing?[/quote]

Yes I agree with you. I don't understand that if there is a "lowest acceptable price" why there would be a big splashy auction.

These are good auctions- Christie's, Sotheby's, courthouse steps, barns out in the country.

The real estate "auctions" are just a twist on an open house to me.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

In the absence of buyers, does it not become ridiculous at some point?

The buyer is here. He/she is not absent. They wait and ponce once they see the value they are looking for. It is a roll of the dice at this point. The buyer never left. The perceived value left.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com

Thanks jdarg ....

I also want to clarify that I'm not bashing the auction process.
I actually love auctions!

But in this current real estate market it just makes more sense to me that if you NEED to move a property quickly, your chances will be much greater if you just go ahead and try to sell it at your lowest acceptable price to begin with. Just my opinion.

2bohemians

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
www.searchthe30a.com

I also understand that all of this hefty marketing the auction houses do has the power to at least generate some interest on the property; however, I believe that same interest can be generated with a price that is marketable.

Little Fish

Beach Lover
Oct 9, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Fisher,

I also agree with your comments regarding the WaterSound condo going to auction. This unit is listed for sale in the MLS (#422234) at $2.599MM; however, the auction price of $1.99MM + $199K (buyers premium) implies only a 15% decrease from list. Not a WOW price in my opinion.

Additionally, a quick check of the Walton County Property Appraisers office reveals an original purchase price of $1.7MM in July 05'. Unless the original buyer added debt on the residence over the past couple of years, it appears the owner is looking to sell at a profit. Doesn't appear to be someone needing to sell.

Just my opinion.

Little Fish

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place

LF, and the $1.99 M is a net of 17.6% over the 05 sales price.

In a market such as exists today to expect an 8% annual increase in value is a stretch.