• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A-Renminbi

Beach Comber
Nov 9, 2007
Shelly,

ok the real meltdown has started? what if they freeze the exchange rates.. ie similar to the 1940?s thus they were able to get all of the major players to agree to a global fixed exchange rate.

Would this "freezing" act put the brakes on your meltdown?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Shelly,

ok the real meltdown has started? what if they freeze the exchange rates.. ie similar to the 1940?s thus they were able to get all of the major players to agree to a global fixed exchange rate.

Would this "freezing" act put the brakes on your meltdown?

Back in the 40's the US was an industrial, manufacturing, economic and military super power; Europe and Japan were smoking ruins; Russia and China were communists; and the Middle East was distracted by establishment of the state of Israel. Things have changed a bit since then.

I don't speculate on things that will never happen....which is precisely why I'm not saddled with 3 preconstruction contracts for condos that I plan to flip to baby boomers for a 50% profit.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
:rotfl:

I just got the shakes reading all this. I am glad my money is safe in the mattress :wave:

I would say that's not exactly "safe"....money placed in the 'Bank of Serta' is subject to inflation risk.

Last year at this time gas was $2.15 a gallon--now it is $3.05, a 90-cent or 41.9% increase).

If you put $100 away in your mattress to buy gas, you would have to add another $41.90 to get the same amount of gas today.

But, if you'd put that $100 into a CD drawing 5% interest, you would have $105.00. After Uncle Sugar snatches back $1.25 in taxes (25% tax bracket) you will be left with $3.75. You can now buy the same amount of gas as last year and you would only have to add an additional $38.15!

Now, if you had invested the $100 in JOE stock, you'd have to borrow money to take the bus. :D

But of course the US government doesn't count energy and food when it figures CPI, so forget all that information you read above.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:wave:...thanks SHEL! I think you should open a bank and we can keep our $$ with you. :clap:

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
:wave:...thanks SHEL! I think you should open a bank and we can keep our $$ with you. :clap:
Exposed!! :yikes:All this time spent by Shelly earning our trust. Turns out he is Kitty's alter ego in a scam to defraud Sowal denizens of their wampum. I should feel disillusioned and disappointed I suppose but ....

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
:rotfl:...omg, my knee caps hurt just looking at that pic!