• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ljeffries

Beach Comber
Nov 16, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
I know that the regulars know this already, but....

D&K is incredible. There were 5 of us there for dinner on Saturday night. Incredible service. More than incredible food!

Old Florida Fish whatever for dinner on Sunday night was great, too.

hutch

Beach Lover
We were there Saturday with eight of our neighbors. Everyone made the same comment "We will be back the food and service was great" Even a DAWG fan sit next to a LSU fan. No problems! GO DAWGS! Several others on our street were unable to join us and really missed a great meal.

Thanks Kat- The snapper was Great!

the hutch-

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Way to go Kat :clap:, getting dawgs and tigers to sit down and break bread together. That's a sign of good food!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:blush:Awwwwwe all of you are so wonderful! Thank you so much for the kind words and support. You can't imagine how much it means to us this time of the year.

I was not there Saturday night, as I was out of town. I did get to PM back and forth with "hutch" and as for "DAWGS" and "TIGERS" sitting next to each other I can't think of a better reason then to dine and chow down!!!!

Thanks for your support too Cheering and sowalgayboi.:love:
And, ljeffries, I will pass that on about the service. It means so much to Chris and Kelly!!!! I agree they are quite special!!!

THANKS SOWALLERS!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::bow::bow::bow:

:welcome: EVERYONE​

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I write this on my laptop sitting on a very bloated and happy belly. I will say as a blanket statement WOW. We arrived and discovered a beautifully decorated dining room. We chose a lovely Reisling and probably drove our waiter nuts as we tried to decide which dish we would have. I thought I had settled on the crawfish pasta when my other half mentioned Tuna. This brought the menu back up and the waiter back into the kitchen. I finally decided on the Tuna (great choice BTW). My other half had the grouper and crawfish. I had the Tuna and shrimp. My meal was wonderful, the prices are excellent and very appropriate for the amount (large amount) of food you receive. After working thru an entree that even a hungry man would struggle with we chose to share a dessert. OMFG what a dessert. There is cheesecake and then there is banana's foster. Combine the two and prepare to loosen a belt, buckle, or button (felt like I needed to loosen all three). This was truly a wonderful dinner and will definitely be back repeatedly. The ultimate top off is the Adult only fine dining atmosphere. D&K you ROCK!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

P.S. They take credit cards. ;-)

Last edited:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I write this on my laptop sitting on a very bloated and happy belly. I will say as a blanket statement WOW. We arrived and discovered a beautifully decorated dining room. We chose a lovely Reisling and probably drove our waiter nuts as we tried to decide which dish we would have. I thought I had settled on the crawfish pasta when my other half mentioned Tuna. This brought the menu back up and the waiter back into the kitchen. I finally decided on the Tuna (great choice BTW). My other half had the grouper and crawfish. I had the Tuna and shrimp. My meal was wonderful, the prices are excellent and very appropriate for the amount (large amount) of food you receive. After working thru an entree that even a hungry man would struggle with we chose to share a dessert. OMFG what a dessert. There is cheesecake and then there is banana's foster. Combine the two and prepare to loosen a belt, buckle, or button (felt like I needed to loosen all three). This was truly a wonderful dinner and will definitely be back repeatedly. The ultimate top off is the Adult only fine dining atmosphere. D&K you ROCK!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

P.S. They take credit cards. ;-)

:clap::wave::bow:Thanks so much sgb....wish I had known you were there last night, but I'm sure Kelly and Chris took good care of you!

Yes, the Banana's Foster Cheesecake is one of my favorites too. I just love the two flavors and textures together. In the cafe we (the staff) sometimes add a large scoop of vanilla ice cream to make it even more decadent. We can get bad bad bad making things over the top in the kitchen. I really love to take something great and make it better. :drool:

We do have a children's menu both for lunch and dinner. As for the decor, I love to decorate a restaurant more then anything.....and I had a fantastic partner, Jamie Landreneau. Doug let us loose and we had a ball!

:bow:Thanks again and I hope to meet you there another time!!!

:wave:Kat

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
IMG_5698sm.jpg

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Kat, was that you wandering around with a small child in your arms?

Also I'm pretty sure the ice cream would have been over kill. :shock: Kelly was a wonderful server! :clap: Jamie came over and introduced himself as we were staring at the only surviving piece of his after Katrina. :angry:

All-in-all a wonderful experience, and great photo SJ. :clap:

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach

Ohhhhh Sj I love this picture of the cafe.:love: :clap: Thanks for posting it!!! The lights focus on the entrance and keep the upstairs a bit mysterious. And, where do you get these Tars of yours????? They are so funny!!!!:funn:

Kat, was that you wandering around with a small child in your arms?

Also I'm pretty sure the ice cream would have been over kill. :shock: Kelly was a wonderful server! :clap: Jamie came over and introduced himself as we were staring at the only surviving piece of his after Katrina. :angry:

All-in-all a wonderful experience, and great photo SJ. :clap:

Nope that wasn't me wandering around with a baby in my arms.:blink: My baby often comes and sits in my lap, but she's 14! ;-) Although I have carried a baby around the cafe a number of times so the parents could eat.

We appreciate YOU for noticing all the beautiful artwork on the walls and on the plate!!!!