• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Awrighty, then...

At the advice of the wenches, who I trust with all my heart, I'm throwing myself at the mercy of the family:

I'm coming down Friday, February 29th for the Seaside Half Marathon, and will be leaving Sunday afternoon as soon as all my joints are moving again, or maybe after the kickball game.

Plans aren't solid yet, but I think my two best gullfriends are coming with me. One will have her two children (4 and 5 years old).

We will need at least something with a king-sized bed for my friend with the kids--they'll both want to sleep with her. Me and my other friend won't be so picky. We can do twins or bunks or a bed and a pullout, but I don't think either of us want to sleep together on anything smaller than a king the night before a race. If occupancy number isn't an issue for the owner, We can do something with two beds and I can bring my handy-dandy blow-up mattress.

Summary: 3 adults, 2 small children. 1 king-sized bed, and 1 or 2 single-occupant beds.

We also need to keep it under $270/night, if possible. Location isn't a huge deal--anywhere from end to end of 30A, and it doesn't have to be on the beach.

Thanks!

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
Long story short, Ms Seaside and I stayed at the Seagrove Motel last Sept just to say we had stayed there before it gets torn down. Kind of a neat place in a funky sort of way.

They were supposed to be out of business by 1/1/08, but I got a card from them last week saying they would be open through August.

Might try them and think about it. The room near the beach is too cool for words and I thinnk that we ended up at $110 or so. Even with two rooms at that rate, you make out.

Check it out.:dunno:

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Long story short, Ms Seaside and I stayed at the Seagrove Motel last Sept just to say we had stayed there before it gets torn down. Kind of a neat place in a funky sort of way.

They were supposed to be out of business by 1/1/08, but I got a card from them last week saying they would be open through August.

Might try them and think about it. The room near the beach is too cool for words and I thinnk that we ended up at $110 or so. Even with two rooms at that rate, you make out.

Check it out.:dunno:
Will do! I'm taking any and all suggestions...

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
Oh, thats good news about the Seagrove Villas. I haven't stayed there since the mid 80's and when Mrs. Flowers still was alive and owned it.But I have many good memories of me and my two boys staying there.

NoHall

May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I have some GRAYT responses to this--my darling wenches advised me well to post this!

I'll bump this if I need to in a couple of days or PM y'all back. Thank you so, so much! (And be sure to come to the race on March 2. It's funn to see your smiling faces on the course. I'll be the one that looks like she has no business running anywhere...)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
runner_female.jpg

Something like that?