• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
If it is and you own a house in South Walton have the utilities put in his name and get him a Florida driver's license the next time you are down here. Only takes one year to prove "residency". ;-)
I have to say, FSU is cheapest of all of the colleges on his list, even for out of state. Even cheaper that UofI. But it would be easier to get accepted to FSU as a FL resident. But anywho, we would love for him to attend because of the proximity to the beaches. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Would y'all believe that in all the time I've spent at FSU and in Tallahassee, even in the spring when the circus is running, I have never made it inside the big top? :blush:

This will be awesome! :clap:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Would y'all believe that in all the time I've spent at FSU and in Tallahassee, even in the spring when the circus is running, I have never made it inside the big top? :blush:

This will be awesome! :clap:

You may enjoy it more than your kids. I grew up around it so I may have to suffer through it with my niece. It's really cool, but once you've seen it 2-3 dozen times it kinda gets repetitive. Wait until yours kids try to mimic the board on pipe routine, my sister chipped a tooth doing that.

pmd8

Beach Lover
Jul 27, 2005
If it is and you own a house in South Walton have the utilities put in his name and get him a Florida driver's license the next time you are down here. Only takes one year to prove "residency".

One must physically reside in Florida for at least 12 months to be considered a resident by FSU and other state schools.

Unless you want to provide your child with early instruction in fraud, simply getting a driver's license and utilities in one's name does not constitute legal residency. FSU could rightfully demand repayment of tuition and dismiss him from school. Criminal prosecution, while unlikely, is also possible.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Here is am email that I received when I asked for more information....

There will be 6 sessions that will be Monday – Thursday (4 days) from 9 am – 2 pm]
Each session will include circus skills as well as games and other indoor and outdoor activities (to come)
Ages: Children 7-12 years of ageCost: $285 per session
Place: Frank Brown Park
Reservations: To reserve a spot for your child, send a note with the exact session in which you wish to enroll, your name, your child’s name, telephone, email, mailing address and a check made payable to Circus By The Sea/Day Camp. Additional forms and information will be sent to you. You may cancel your Day Camp reservation no later than March 1st, 2008 for a full refund

Session 1: June 23-26
Session 2: June 30-July 3
Session 3: July 7-10
Session 4: July 14-17
Session 5: July 21-24
Session 6: July 28-31

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I remember seeing the FSU show at Callaway Gardens, and I loved it. Watching Cirque du Soleil, I became very amazed at the talents of those people, and enjoy watching one of their shows more than any other sporting event I can think of.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The Shallows will be out of town! :bang: :pissed:

Will just have to pick a Saturday nite, real soon. :love: